2 2
Charlotte Ruin

UMC IC COMPLETED: Would You Like Fries With That?

The bar was nearly empty today, only a few people lingering about. They all had not said a word after ordering their drink, simply sitting, staring, and sipping on their liquor. Charlie found this a bit odd, but she was used to it by now. These people messed with all sorts of crazy and mysterious magic all the time, it was bound to screw a few of them up. Leaning her head up against the bar wall, she prayed to Merlin for some actual conversation. It was times like these that she wished she followed through with her dream of becoming an auror. At least then she'd get a bit of action, and not watch people contemplate their life choices and drool over a glass of scotch. That was the one thing she liked about her job. Free booze. Pouring herself a couple shots, she downed them one by one in hopes of a more interesting day.

@Professor Samuel Acres

The bell above the door jingled as it opened. A scrawny figured walked into the bar and sighed. So far, things weren't going as he hoped. He took a moment to look around and was a bit surprised to see the bar sparsely populated. Walking to the bar, he took a seat, giving the other patrons plenty of room and waited patiently for the bartender to make their way over to him while cracking his knuckles absentmindedly. Thinking for a moment, he considered what he would order as his eyes darted around as he looked over the counter and shelf behind it.

Hearing the bell on the door ding, she turned her attention to the entrance. Someone new had come in. "Thank the stars," Charlie whispered under her breath. As she finished wiping out the glasses remaining on the counter top, she set down the towel she was holding down and made her way down to the end of the bar where the newly found stranger sat. He was a handsome fellow, she saw that right away. Giving a small grin, "What can I get for ya?" she asked, giving him her full attention.

Looking up, Sam blinked to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. Taking a moment to smile, he answered, "Generally, I am a whiskey drinker so two fingers on rocks, please. Not too picky on the brand." Mentally, he chastised himself for telling her too much. After all, he believed she probably didn't want to know that. "Slow day?" he asked casually, glancing around at the rest of the bar. Slow day was probably understating immensely.

Seeing him smile back, her face flushed a little. "Coming right up," Charlotte replied, pulled out a glass from under the counter top. She grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the back wall, and filled his glass a smidgen under half full. "You have no idea," she chuckled. Setting the bottle down on the counter, she grabbed a few ice cubes and placed them in his glass gently, before sliding it towards him.

His left eyebrow rose just slightly as he noticed that her cheeks had flushed a bit. He wondered if she was feeling alright. Watching her work for a bit, he turned away for a moment or two to make sure he wasn't staring or made her feel uncomfortable. "I think I have a small smidgen of an idea," he replied, still smiling. When she was finished, he picked up the glass and took a small sip. "What no bottle flip or fancy pouring?" he teased with sarcasm.

How many shots had she drunk earlier? Charlotte couldn't recall. It was possible she was a bit tipsy. Plus how could she not blush, this guy was cute! She looked around the bar once more and put her lips together, nodding, "Mhmmm.." After finishing the man's drink she chuckled. "Want a show do we?" Charlie put her hands on her hips, "Ever heard of a blue blazer?" A mischievous grin graced her pale pink lips.

There was a playful smirk playing on his lips as he gazed at the female bartender. "Don't get me wrong there is a pretty nice view, but you could have done something a bit fancy. Not like you were in a rush," he teased, trying to play it off casually. He thought for a moment still grinning. "Isn't that the drink that is only on fire for the making of it?" he asked her as his smirk became a smile.

When will this man's teasing end! She licked her bottom lip and bit it as she nodded, "I suppose that's true, I could have... but you do know most bartenders do that to steal your money, right? Do a trick or two, and add forty pounds to your bill." A smirk appeared on her lips. "Yeah, something like that. If I was gonna do a trick, it'd be that one," tucking a few of her blonde waves behind her ear.

His smile grew more as he listened to her. Nodding, he knew she was right. "Probably true, but you usually go to those kinds of bars looking for a show so you get what you pay for," he replied, not wanting to admit she was a hundred percent right. Tilting his head, he cocked his left eyebrow at her. "I am not sure if I should be impressed or not. I guess the question would be if you are using magic or not."

She pursed her lips as she listened. "I highly doubt, you actually get what you pay for. This one though...it's pretty rare even in the muggle world, due to it's dangerous nature. You're literally playing with liquid fire.." Charlie watched the man's expressions with curiosity, "It's quite exhilarating." As he raised his brow, she smirked more as she considered her options. "No magic, and you get a free drink: it's on the house. What do you say?" she challenged, cheekily. It's not like she had anything better to do. Why not show off to this gorgeous stranger?

"Well, I am pretty sure I will be underpaying this one," he winked playfully before taking a drink of his whiskey. His brows furrowed as he hoped she was as good as she was boasting. It would be a shame for her to get hurt just because he was being a sarcastic ass. "I rather know you wouldn't get hurt and pay for the drink. I was only teasing about the show after all," he explained remorsefully.

Okay so, it definitely wasn't just the whiskey that caused her cheeks to flush, this guy was flirting with her! "Perhaps," she returned, her grin widening at the sight of his winking. Listening to the man explain how he'd rather her not preform the trick, she could help but feel compelled even more now. She wanted to prove she could do it and defend her bartender title. It was quite the achievement to preform it successfully. Despite it being a rather simple trick, it needed a lot of practice to avoid injury, and Charlotte, honestly, couldn't remember the last time she had preformed it, but she knew it by heart. "But, I want to! It'll be fun. Just watch and try not to distract me too much," she flirted back.

Taking a deep breath, Sam's hazel eyes locked with hers for a moment or two. Studying her brown orbs, he could tell that he wasn't going to be able to talk her out of it. Admiring her courage, he sighed and answered, "Fine, but I am going to have my wand out just in case. Don't want to ruin that pretty face or fair skin." Pulling out his wand from his sleeve, he held it as he recalled how to properly cast the Flame-Freezing Charm. 

As they stared at each other, she wondered what was going through his head. When he caved, Charlie let out a giggle. She was feeling giddy with excitement. Grabbing two metal pint mugs, another glass, and a lemon from under the counter, she scooped a few teaspoons of sugar from the silver canister and let it filter into the glass. Peeling three strips of lemon, she put that in the glass too. She glanced at the man, before grabbing a bottle of premium whiskey from the wall of liqueurs. Having set the two mugs in from of her, she poured some of the caramel liquid into one of them and  a bit of hot water in the other. "Would you do me the honors?" she said, holding out the mug of whiskey to light on fire.

There was a small smile on his face when he heard her. Watching her work, Sam felt a bit in awe. It was interesting to watch as he never usually had cocktails so this was more or less a new experience. He was beginning to wonder when the fire was going to get involved. It was a moment later when she held out the mug with whiskey that realized just how complicated this was going to be. Nodding, he pointed his wand at the mug and muttered, "Incendio."  A burst of heat filled the air as the whiskey caught fire. Taking a breath, he kept his wand out as he watched her carefully, ready to act should anything happen.

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN PRESERVED FOR POSTERITY.

Please note: you may move any topic back for RP if you so deem. Just PM @Ed.