Jaxon Kang

Watch Out! [M]

Seeing that school wasn't in session yet, Jax spent as much time outside as possible. He liked the warm weather, and the sun felt good on his skin. Naturally, the UK was a little too rainy for him, and he missed Seoul's weather. Pulling out his muggle rollerblades, he strapped them on and decided to go for a quick spin around the park. As the wind wooshed around his hair, he let out a soft sigh of pleasure. Legs pumping, arms swinging by his side, Jax raced around the lake feeling free as a bird. With music in his ears, he hummed along with it, not really paying much attention to his surroundings. He was entirely in the zone and was deeply concentrated with his rollerblading. 

@Nikita Huei

Nikita had been forced to spend time with her betrothed, Lee forcing a smile as they left to go to a nearby park to have a picnic and pretend everything was fine. Well, on Niki’s part, she was faking. Lee had been the one to insist that an alliance between both their families would be beneficial, even if Niki had voiced out she wanted nothing to do with it, her father had threatened her and agreed to the whole thing on her behalf.

As she carried the basket, trailing behind Lee, he kept throwing insults at her and he even dared pushing her yelling some more at her as she collapsed into some guy rollerblading, not even trying to help her up. I’m so sorry, sir. she said to the guy in a low voice as she looked at the things from the basket scattered around, some broken glass and liquids, having ended on Niki. 

She tried salvaging the food that had spilt and not caring that she had a few cuts on herself. Her bethrothed, purple faced, grabbed her arm and dragged her up, telling her she was the most idiotic beauty he had ever encountered.

@Jaxon Kang

Loud arguing broke Jax out of his rollerblading concentration. Who in Merlin's beard is yelling and cursing like that? The noise was disturbing the peace, and around him, he saw people were staring and whispering to each other. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? Slowing down, he glanced backward and opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off when the guy suddenly pushed the girl towards him and made her collapse on him. Surprised by the action, he didn't have enough time to keep his balance.  

Food, glass and other substance went flying as both of them went tumbling to the ground. Letting out a groan of pain, the man quickly shook his head when he heard the woman apologize for crashing into him. "Don't..." Before he could get the words out, the woman was dragged up and was once again belittled by her boyfriend? Anger flared up in Jax as he pushed himself up to his feet and he snapped out, "Hey, stop it. Don't you realize she's hurt? What kind of a guy are you?" Without thinking, he yanked the man's hand off of the woman and pulled her behind him. 

@Nikita Huei

The guy she had crashed into seemed nice... Especially when he came to her rescue, so to speak. And of course, Lee had to have a go athim as well, getting all up in his face, them being about the same height, while Niki looked up at them both. She wriggled out of Lee’s grip and quickly cleaned herself up, biting her tongue wanting nothing but to have a go at him.

She was surprised a little though when the stranger got between her and Lee. Sure enough that wouldn’t sit well with the man she was forced to marry... Who cares since she got herself into that mess first, huh? It’s her own fault! Come on Nikita! Get out of behind that jackass that can’t mind his own damn business, you coward! She’s mine! I paid for her. Soon she will be MY WIFE! Lee then made to punch Jaxon as his hand was yanked off Nikita.

The young woman was boiling inside as she checked her cuts. She gripped Jaxon’s arm as if trying to tell him to let her handle this on her own and grabbed the steel platter from the basket, hoping Lee’s fist would collide with it and not the other man as she went in front of him and swung the thing as Lee’s fist swung I hope it’s broken! she called out before he approached her menacingly.

What did he want now?  He grabed her by the throat and said through gritted teeth: Someone needs to show you some manners, Nikita... before tightening his grip on her, not caring that anyone could see this. She started gasping for air and choking trying to wriggle out of his grasp, even kicking him, but it didn’t work.

@Jaxon Kang

Not saying that he was a pacifist, Jax wanted nothing to do with the guy, much less fight him. But when the idiot got into his face and started to yell at him too and calling him a jackass, he got a little pissed. "Excuse me?" He snapped with a raised of his eyebrows, "I wouldn't even need to intervene if you would stop being an ass yourself and take care of your fiancée. You don't deserve to marry her you douche, especially if you paid to get her!" He spat out the last of his sentence, his fists balling up slightly. 

Feeling the young woman squeeze his arm, Jax glanced towards her just as he saw from the corner of his eyes the fist that was coming towards him. Sliding to the side, he watched the woman bang the guy's hand with the steel platter she had been holding. He winced when he heard the plate connect the human flesh. He sighed and shook his head a little when he heard the woman taunt the guy. That was something she shouldn't have done.

Then he saw red when the guy gripped the woman by her throat. Jax felt a growl bubble up from his throat as he casually silently and wandlessly cast a knockback spell towards the man along with a shocking spell. "No, I think it is you who needs to learn some manners." He hissed. He didn't act this way normally, but he couldn't stand seeing the woman get beat up and bullied by anyone especially someone who is claiming that they were getting married to. 

@Nikita Huei

Niki cringed as the men exchanged words of insults. She was shaking her head though as Jaxon said Lee should take care of her instead of treating her this way. She tried minimizing the damages, but it ended up backfiring on her... Great... Maybe taunting Lee wasn’t the best thing to do, but Niki was a woman who acted before thinking. The young woman was shocked Lee even dared strangling her in public, him always being in control and all. Or faking it at least to look good in front of both their parents at least. 

She gasped as Lee was sent flying backwards and she moved as far away from him as she could, not wanting another go. Lee groaned and shot a death glare at Niki before yelling: YOUR FATHER WILL BE HEARING ABOUT THIS! To which, Niki replied: Great! Cannot wait! before he started leaving shouting one more insult at Jaxon. Niki refrained from throwing some more things at him, her throat hurting as she massaged it a little throwing back the items in the damn basket, ignoring Jaxon as she was humiliated and sure enough her version would not matter...Being a girl in her family, she never mattered. She felt a lump in her throat and fought back tears. T-thanks... she said through telepathy to Jaxon, her voice weakened.

@Jaxon Kang

Jax had never been so angry in his life. No one should be subjected to these kinds of things, ever. Seething, he glared at the man as he tried to get his magic in control. Having the wandless magic skill came in handy at these times, but can also be very dangerous. He was tempted to do more than just throw in backward and shock him, but he stopped when he heard the woman gasp in shock. Hearing the man shout to the woman that her father would hear about it and another insult towards him, the man cast a silencing spell towards the bastard's back as he left the scene. 

Turing swiftly back to the woman who was angrily packing her basket, Jax bent down to help. However, it seemed like he was duly ignored. Heaving a sigh, he placed a hand on her shoulder and gently patted it. He froze at the voice in his head, and he glanced sharply down at her. "Did you just..." He asked in a whisper, helping the young woman to her feet. He couldn't have just heard her voice in his head unless she had telepathy powers. 

@Nikita Huei

Niki was still stunned and couldn’t utter a word out loud. She was ignoring Jaxon only because she was afaid he would say something about the way Lee treated her and adding something amongst the lines of "Why don’t you leave him or tell anyone?" and she didn’t want to tey and explain for the hundredth time no one cared about her in her family to actually believe her. The hand on her shoulder made her yelp and take a step back, thinking for a minute that it was Lee until she reminded herself it was Jaxon.

Feeling his gaze on her she nodded on the verge of tears and replied still using her telepathy: Y-yes... I-I’m...a....a...tele...tele...p-path... She accepted his help to get up and clasped a hand over her mouth closing her eyes trying to calm down. A stray tear escaped and rolled down her cheek and she cursed under her breath, wiping it off quickly. Sorry, I ran into you...I’ll go now...she told him telepathically again with her broken down voice, but she made no move to walk away, instead, dropping down the basket as if it was burning her. That ugly thing can stay here...

@Jaxon Kang

It pained Jax to see the young woman like this. When he placed a hand on her shoulder, he flinched when she let out a yelp and took a step back. "Hey, hey it's okay. It's just me." He said as soothingly as possible. "He's gone... at least for now. He might not be able to talk for a while until they figure out what's wrong with him." He added smugly before letting out a sigh. "I shouldn't have done it, but I was just so angry. You shouldn't be treated this way at all." A blush dust his cheeks as he admitted what he was feeling.

Seeing her on the verge of tears, Jax bit his lips. What could he do to help her? He mentally flinched again when Nikita's voice flooded his mind once more saying that she was indeed a telepath. When she really did cry a tear, the man wanted to reach out a brush it away, but she beat him to it. He watched her tell him that she would go but didn't move. Instead, she just dropped the basket on the ground and telepathically said to him that the ugly thing could stay here. Making a quick decision, Jax spoke, "It's okay, why don't you come over to my place so I can get you clean up? Maybe grab a bite to eat or something? You must be hungry after all this?" He tried to be as calm and soothing as possible as his counseling training kicked in.  

@Nikita Huei

Niki sighed, running a hand through her hair. She replied to his comment about being so angry he had to do this: I know...You know...Lee, my brothers and my father don’t give a damn...My mother sides with my father on everything so... He usually isn’t as open to do this in public... She did notice the blush but said nothing about it. 

Not expecting his offer to come up, she stared at him for a few seconds as if he had grown a second head and ran her hand again through her hair and forced a small smile before she said softly, reaching for his hand hers a bit shaky: I’d like that. Thank you. I cannot say I can fully trust you yet, but I will give you a chance. I have nothing else to lose anyway...She looked up to him, her eyes watery and she silently begged him to take her away from here.

@Jaxon Kang

Cocking his head to the side as he quietly listened to Nikita talk, Jax felt his anger surge up once more. "That's completely outrageous." He exclaimed flabbergasted. "How can they treat you like that. I know they are your family and such, but ugh...!" He snapped out, but couldn't find the right words to complete his sentence. His normally sunny disposition grew dark, and he growled out, "Usually? What happened shouldn't be done in private or public." The more words came out of Nikita's mouth, the more pissed he became.

Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, Jax waited patiently for Nikita to say something to his proposal. The way she was staring at him wasn't a good reaction, and it made him wonder if she was going to reject his offer. Thankfully she reached out and took his hand and agreed to give him a chance. Nodding his head, he murmured, "Trust me, I have no intentions of hurting you. I only want to help." Just then he remembered that he still had his rollerblades on. Dropping Nikita's hand, he bent down and got out of it before reaching behind to pull out his regular shoes from a small backpack from behind him. Lacing it on, he then said, "Follow me, I live close by."   

@Nikita Huei

Niki sighed.  "You think i dont know that? You think I havent tried putting a stop to it before? " Niki groaned. Considering her proposal, she then agreed to it or else crashing at Nelluna's once more would make her friend worry more. He was her only option right now.

His murmured words made Niki's heart tighten. Thats what he said... We'll see about that... Watching as he changed out of his rollerblades, she found herself examining his features and turned her head blushing a bit. Much more her type than Lee was. She reached for his hand again and said: "Let's go, then..."

@Jaxon Kang

"Whoa there, I didn't mean any harm." Jax said with a quick shake of his head as he raised both hands up in the air as a sign of surrender. "I'm sure you've tried many times before, but were just unsuccessful due to them all being blockheads and idiots who disregard basic human needs." He went on softly, giving Nikita's arm a gentle pat.

Jax sensed Nikita's gaze on his face but pretended that he didn't notice as he finished tying his shoes. Straightening up he smiled when she took his hand once more like it was the most natural thing to do. Giving it a little squeeze, he tugged her out of the park and down a couple of streets to a small flat. "Here we are. Welcome to my humble abode." He murmured unlocking it with a simple charm and pushing the door open for her to walk through first. "It's not big or fancy, but hey it's home."

@Nikita Huei  

• Heart 1

Niki glared at Jax for a minute, then sighed. I know. This whole situation is just so messed up... I just keep fighting over and over... Blockheads, right...I have no idea why my mother agrees to any of this... My brothers got anything they wanted when we were growing up. Because I was the youngest and a girl, I usually had the excuse that it was never worth wasting money on me, that I would do nothing but be a homemaker...Ha! I’m Junior assistant to the Minister! Does it matter to those idiots? Noooo... Because I got these instead of a dick! She cupped her breasts with both her hands without realizing she would draw attention to them as she made her move and spoke at the same time. 

At least, if Jax noticed her staring, he didn’t comment on it. Good. That was a bit weird anyway. Her hand in his gave her a few shivers down her spine. Nothing like that ever happened with Lee. Ever. Following him to his place, Niki relaxed more and more with each step they took. She shook her head at his comment: I rather live in something deemed small than what I grew up in... You should see my old appartment...I will definitely not go back there...Lee knows where it is... She ran a hand through her hair and still held on to the hand she was holding. As if afraid she was dreaming any of it. Do you mind if I go for a shower? I feel dirty right now... she said softly, squeezing his hand.

@Jaxon Kang

The glaring wasn't doing anything good to Jax's heart. One thing he hated was to be glared at others for no particular reason, especially if he did nothing wrong. He fought the urge to glare back and kept his expression neutral. As he listened to Nikita complain, his expression warmed a little as he let out a sympathetic tutting sound. His heart broke for the young woman and more than nothing, he wanted to pull her into a hug. When she suddenly cupped her breast in emphasis to her words, his eyes couldn't help but dart to it before flitting back to her face. Jax could feel himself going a little red as he let out a soft cough.

As they walked, he could feel Nikita relax more and more. Good, very good. Jax needed her to relax; she had been too tense throughout the whole ordeal. He gave her a bright smile hearing her words about wanting to live in a small house than to her old apartment. He could only deem that that flat was probably too big or something. "You can stay here for as long as you need." He blurted out when he heard that her fiancé knew where her flat was and that was something horrible to know about.    

Feeling the squeeze of her hand around his, Jax felt his stomach flip-flop oddly inside of him. Uh oh, what was this feeling he was currently feeling? It was too soon, much too soon. Damn it. "Uh, yeah, go for it. The bathroom is just down the hall. I'll go grab you a towel and maybe a spare change of clothes."He managed to mumble out before he felt towards his bedroom.

@Nikita Huei

• Like 1