RP takes place in August 2021.

"He won, Minerva. He won!"

There was an explosion of radiant noise as Jakub Webb exclaimed the news from the Prophet. After a tight battle, Virsham had been declared the victor and Jakub couldn't help but share that news with portraits that surrounded his tower office. For the most part, the portraits of the former leaders of Hogwarts were celebrating - even Phineas Nigellus Black was seen to not look so unhappy about the times.

"You know, after the muggle Prime Minister, he comes here!"

Her voice rang above the cheers and the portraits fell silent. Minerva McGonagall was still able to control the rool. And Jakub blinked. He had known Virsham for sometime, they had been at Hogwarts around the same time, albiet different years and they had stayed somewhat intouch over the years. Jakub had been overjoyed when he heard Virsham was going to run and had attended many rallies that the man had held over the past few months.

And then, it was announced. "The Minister of Magic is on his way." The words were spoken by the portrait of an older woman, who happened to share a frame within the Ministry. Jakub, who had been reading the news from a loft above his main office, took the steps two at a time and arrived behind his desk just as one of the fireplaces exploded into green frame. He was dressed in a pair of muggle leggings (yes, leggings), a shirt that was slightly too large for him, and a dark blue cloak. Whoops.

TAG; @Minister Virsham Bane

The previous hours.... days...  had been interesting. After the trepidation of excitement for the results to come, to the explosion of joy amongst his family and his supporter when the news of his election was official, to the victory speech and the meeting with the Muggle Prime Minister... Virsham had been embarked in a swirling wind that never ceased, until tonight, until that moment where he was, somehow, coming back home.

Virsham waited patiently for the green fire to be extinguished before breathing deeply and have a circular look at the place. It felt like turning back time and finding himself in a place where he was mostly summoned to answer for things...  he probably shouldn't be doing. He grinned, smelling the old parchments; and the dry ink, the licorice switching in some bowl, ready to be devoured, the portraits whispering or pretending to be less interested than they truly were. Behind the desk was the one he was expressively coming to see, and Virsham walked to him with his fast energetic gait, his hand raised. "Jakub! Well... hum... Headmaster! It's so good to see you! I would never had imagined seeing you again in this... circumstances... " his gaze lingered on the desk and the many instruments "decorating" the office. It bore so many memories, that he had to fight some memories to kept focus on the present. 

Jakub... Incredibly, he was older than Virsham, but he had that teenager look that erase time, make you wonder and think twice... Unless you know, of course, as Virsham knew. They had been students during harsh times, it had probably be the foundation of their character, their resistance and resilience. In their own field. Virsham stopped not far from him, almost leant above the desk as he was now so close he could see the man's attire... he frowned and let go of a light chuckle "You don't change! Still loving those weird muggle clothes? Tell me... you weren't expecting me today, right?"

It had taken Jakub nearly a month to summon his courage to venture into his new office and residence. He made a point to retain the items that Dumbledore had left the school and he had even left the tartan carpet beneath the desk (for Minerva, of course). As the fireplace exploded into life, green flames causing a glow around the room, Jakub couldn't help but smile. He had never imagined a time when he would lead the castle of Hogwarts and never thought he would be greeting Virsham as the new Minister. Their time at Hogwarts had intersected and they had remained friendly over the years, but Jakub's own feelings had prevented the honesty of true friendship.

However, for all the ignorance he felt danced around the Ministry, he also knew that Virsham was the man to listen and fix things. But, Jakub didn't have much time to bask in his own thoughts. He watched as Virsham, the new Minister of Magic, folded himself out of the fireplace and noticed how many portraits fell into a 'sleep'. "Let's save the formalities." He took Virsham's larger hand into his own and looked up slightly to smile. "Congratulations, again." The handshake ended and Jakub couldn't help but to chuckle and shrug. "Is this one of the only times you've ever been in this office without facing detention?"

Jakub caught the next bit and looked down at his attire. "It is what it is. Please sit, maybe some wine?" Before Virsham could speak, Jakub began the very muggle way of uncorking and pouring wine.

Virsham slowly stood back up, looking down at Jakub. He had barely changed, still so thin and slack. Yep, teenager. Although, Virsham was not fooled by his frame, if he was now Headmaster, he had some serious power going on. No one was ever at this place without serious backup, and the school had a thing to get quickly rid of the ones it deemed unworthy. History had spoken more than once.

He looked around at the portrait and let his loud laughter resonated against the high walls of this office "Headmistress, Headmasters, it's a pleasure to see you tonight. Oh, You have learnt? thank you! Yes, yes... the election was something indeed! But you saw... I did it in the end... For a bad weed, it's not that bad, don't you think?" he said teasingly, his eyes leaning back to Jakub, with a wink. The Gryffindor and master prankster  he was, had always found extremely funny to annoy them. Even when he shouldn't have. It was not a mark of disrespect, more a way for him to show them they were still alive, alive enough to involve them in his many games.

The new Minister took the chair facing Jakub's, across the desk, and pulled it closer to him, before letting himself fall down on it. Yes, the previous days had been exhausting, and, after the excitement and the adrenaline rush, came the rebound. He grinned at Jakub's proposal, "Yeah, I'm not against a good glass of wine..." and he frowned at the man's manners "You're still avoiding using it? since all that time?"

Jakub was still getting used to the idea of the portraits that surrounded his office. With Virsham's laugher, the many portraits joined in the laughter. He looked around the circular room and couldn't help but join in the laughter. He was truly happy with the election results, even if he believed that most of it was corrupt. Jakub had been forced to go into hiding and he wasn't at Hogwarts during the 1996-1997 school year. And now, he was the Headmaster. Life had a funny way of working out. "We lift our glass to you, Virsham!" That voice belonged to Minerva McGonagall, her portrait directly behind Jakub's desk. "Agreed, Minerva!" Jakub led the portraits, minus a few, in applause.

Jakub only had respect for Virsham - he still felt the Ministry owed Muggleborns an apology for their treatment during the Second Wizarding War. He could only hope that Virsham would be an ally. And while that was on Jakub's mind, he was more than happy to welcome Virsham and maybe have a few moments to share his concerns.

"I wouldn't be Headmaster if I stayed away from all magic. Wine is better when opened and poured the Muggle way." Jakub spoke softly and finished pouring two glasses from one bottle. He took his own glass, settling down in the high back chair (the same chair used by Headpersons way before Dumbledore), and toasted with Virsham.

Jakub took a healthy gulp and placed the glass down. "So, how does it feel? You won! Stop trying to be some big and bad auror!"

TAG; @Minister Virsham Bane

• Like 1

Virsham observed every gesture Jakub made, surprised at his affirmation, "Really? I should do it the muggle way more often, then... Unless, you're just playing me", he finished with a wink. Taking his glass, he was smiling. He was the first one to find it strange, even weirdly bizarre, but he felt very at ease here with Jakub. And even if it had been a long while - their time together at Hogs- there was still an atmosphere of trust and connivance he could not exactly explain or comprehend logically. 

If Jakub hadn't been there, during the darkest moments of the school, it had been Virsham's first years... McGonagall's loud and precise voice brought him out of his reverie. He looked at her portrait and raised his glass at her, lightly lowering his head. and he turned to look at the others, his face bright and clearly the one of a proud man.  "To answer your previous question", he began with an air of mystery, "It's not the first time I enter here without threat of detention.. In fact the first time I did enter here... " He looked back at Minerva and winked at her, "... I was in my first year... And the headmaster was Prof. Snape. It was a stupid bet.. a Dare..."

He made an almost apologetic face at Minerva's portrait, and continued, looking at Jakub, "Oh, I paid for the transgression dearly after the facts... But I wasn't caught on the spot. I always thought Prof. Dumbledore portrait protected me, somehow. I was foolish... But there were things I just couldn't accept... You too... being muggle-born and all. It must have been a terrifying time. Anyway... Cheers! To our new collaboration!" Virsham took a large gulp and sighed deeply "Delicious! You might be right!" he grinned. 

Virsham sipped a little more, looking at Jakub and listening to the comments of the portraits, "Well... it just happened! I'm.. on a cloud, to be honest. I know I'm at the honeymoon time and I intend to enjoy it a little while, because I'll have to roll up the sleeves. There's a lot of things I don't like about the Ministry as he was", answered Virsham trustfully. "And you can laugh and lecture me all you want, but being an Auror might very well be proven useful..."

Jakub couldn't help but lick his lips when Virsham winked in his direction. First of all, Jakub was a very proud and out gay man. Second of all, Virsham was a whole ass snack. Jakub was not above giving those with good looks their due and Virsham was no exception to that. However, Jakub had always been careful how he spoke or acted around the new Minister of Magic. They shared a strange connection that Jakub was more afraid of losing that then a foolish night spent together. "Wait until I tell you about velcro!" Jakub let out a teasing laugh and, without thinking, offered a wink back to Virsham.

It always warmed the Headmaster's heart that he was able to call on the various portraits for guidance and support. And the large portrait of McGonagall directly behind his desk was more of a security blanket than anything else. And Minerva had not yet shied away from offering her own perspective on the daily operations of the castle. Jakub leaned back in the chair behind his desk, intently listening to the story Virsham offered, and nodded. "I spent so many hours in this office when Minerva was still at the helm. It's odd sitting behind the desk as the school leader." It still didn't feel real, but here he was and he was going to do the best he could. He offered the cheers from Virsham back and chuckled. "I am always right, Virsham."

Jakub could help but smile and bask in the happiness that was flowing from Virsham. It was truly shared by the Headmaster and he was delighted to just be sitting and chatting. "It's truly well deserved Virsham. How was your meeting the Prime Minister? And the kids? How are they handling it all?" Jakub had stood from his desk as he asked that question. He picked up the bottle and approached Virsham, pouring a bit more of the wine into the glass. He noticed how wondrous Virsham smelled and made a mental note to inquire about that scent. "You know, I've always wanted to see the Minister of Magic's office. Is it gorgeous?" At the next question, Jakub turned and moved back to the desk, pouring more of the liquid into his own glass. However, this time, he came to lean against the cool wood of the desk, his legs crossed at the ankle.

@Minister Virsham Bane

"Velcro?" Virsham said with an accent of surprise, one eyebrow raising, "that sounds like a strange italian love word! Tell me all about it! " he said eagerly, noticing that wink the Headmaster threw at him. He felt a sudden rush of warmth flaring in his chest, but couldn't be sure it was the wine or another kind of reaction. He pushed forward his empty glass in an obvious gesture, while Jakub was quietly filling up again his own glass.

While he waited for his glass to be filled up, his gaze flying from the Headmaster to the portraits, a strange light flickering in his eyes for a second. "Portraits..." he finally said with a slow deep voice, "... can be tricky to face, sometimes. So... disturbing real" He couldn't help but remember how hard it had been for him to look at the one that had been done of his beloved wife. He had kept it in a locked room, entering it only when he couldn't bare the absence, or needed guidance about the kids... At first, he used to stay in that room all the time, until he remembered the lesson about the Mirror of Erised and forced himself to refrain from going. Now he only went on special occasions, and yet, it was still heartbreaking.

Thankfully, Jakub's "cockiness" broke his momentarily heaviness and he let his deep chuckle resonate. "You're always right? Yeah, you wish! You would be so freaking annoying if you were! Stop pretending to be a Claw". Virsham moved closer to Jakub, leaning a little to be level with his eyes, his hand patting a little vigourilsy the man's shoulder, "You're a Puffball, and you should be very proud of it!"

Virsham sighed. He was not that comfortable around muggles, they all seemed weird to them. The muggleborn where more easy to understand, maybe they were the one doing all the adaptation to a totally new world, who was, in a way relying so much on magic that it could seem antiquated or "has been" to some. But the Modern Muggle world, with all their electricity and technics felt like an alien world to the ex-auror. "The Prime Minister was nervous. Apparently he didn't quite like my "unusual" arrival, and he had other more important things to think about than citizen who didn't appear on their registry, hence couldn't vote for him. From what I picked up, the country is in bad shape and in the middle of an capitalistic chaos... For whatever that means. Anyway, that was interesting and I think I might go there more often. Maybe you could accompany me? I might need a translator..." he grinned, but was somehow less kidding than he pretended.

At Jakub question about the office of the Minister, Virsham, really astonished that time, his face really expressive, "Don't tell me you never been invited there! By Godric! How is this possible? I shall correct that wrong immediately! Revered Headmaster, are cordially invited to visit me anytime you want!" he finished with a serious tone, even if his smile was friendlier, and much less pompous...

Jakub gripped the edge of his desk softly when Virsham moved a bit closer and once again they were touching. It would go unnoticed by anyone but Jakub, but it had sent a spark down his spine nonetheless. He would have attributed it to the wine, but Jakub loved his wine. He had gotten through his first year of exam grading thanks to some vintage he had found in the basement of the castle. "I would never pretend to be a Claw-Claw. You know my love for my house always runs deeper than anything else. But, I am the Headmaster now! I have to be whimsically mysterious like this one." He pointed to the portrait of Albus Dumbledore who was chuckling, the former Headmaster's eyes twinkling behind his half-moon spectacles.

The pride Jakub had to be a Hufflepuff, to be a Muggleborn, to be a out gay man, were things he didn't take lightly. The day he had officially been named Headmaster, he had come up to the Tower Office and found that three portraits had already been changed. The first was, obviously, McGonagall. The other two were more surprising. The portrait that guarded the entrance to his private study had changed to Helga Hufflepuff and the portrait that guarded the entrance to his private quarters had changed to Antonia Creaseworthy, the first Muggleborn and Hufflepuff alumni to serve as Headperson.

Jakub nearly spit his wine out as Virsham retold his meeting with the Prime Minister. That all sounded about right and Jakub was trying not to laugh. "Oh, he's a horrid man. I can promise you - he was intimidated. He's such a little man, the mere size of you," Jakub's own eyes moved down and over Virsham, "would have been enough for him to dislike you." Jakub leaned back in his chair and nodded. "I would be honored to go with you. My parents didn't vote for him, they would love to hear the stories. They think he is a squib, which is hilarious coming from two Jewish Muggles." Then Jakub was leaning forward again and he placed his glass on his desk. "You should so share that memory with me. The first meeting and all." Jakub was unsure if Virsham would be able to - confidential things and such, but hell it was worth an ask.

At the invitation, Jakub held up his glass to the newly elected Minister. "It's a date!" The words came out in a joking manner, it was something Jakub said many times to many friends - only as the words did come out in his covered tone, he felt slightly weird saying that. More wine was needed.

@Minister Virsham Bane

Virsham couldn't help but puff and chuckle at Jakub's reaction, and he gave a quick side glance to Headmaster Dumbledore; "Claw-Claw! that's a funny one! Mister Badger... How can I forget your love for Hufflepuff House? It's literally written on your face, Jakub!" He stopped as a thought suddenly took him, "I think... it's the perfect timing for an Hufflepuff Headmaster. I count on you to inject some... kindness and inclusion within Hogwarts." Virsham stood silent a moment, considering the many possibilities and new future when he realized something else and added with as fast as he could; "But don't think I'm trying to interfere with your authority in Hogwarts' affairs! It's... It's mainly a citizen's concern. Charlotte will be eleven next year... She's already registered... I'm just a parent..." he said, trying to explain.

The impressive man put down his now empty cup, and looked at Jakub with a wicked grin remembering the face of the Prime Minister, "Na, he's not even a squib. He's just a low level politician, blocked between his aspirations, his promises and his lies... But, yeah, I'm interesting in your parents' insights. It might help me understand that... muggle way of doing things..." Virsham didn't answer Jakub's offer to share with him the memories of that first meeting. Wether he thought it was just a polite form of curiosity from the headmaster, or that the meeting in itself was not that interesting, or something else entirely, it would not show. Or maybe it was simply an habit of secrecy learnt during his whole Auror career...

"It's a date!" Jakub had said, making Virsham raise his head suddenly, wondering if he was implying something else, before chucking at his own foolishness. They were taking about another impromptu visit to that Muggle Prime Minister, was they not? His eyes laid on Jakub for a long time, before motioning his hand towards the now empty bottle of wine, yes they needed more... "You got replenishment, I trust?" he added as a matter of fact. He stood up, as if he suddenly felt the need to move and let blood rush in his legs, his fingers brushing the magical instruments that once belonged to Headmaster Dumbledore's, before leaning against the massive desk, resting against it almost lasciviously "What about you? What does it feels to be Headmaster when some pretended a Muggleborn would never be powerful enough to achieve that? What else do you plan to do to make your mark?"

A steading warmth seemed to rush over Jakub as Virsham praised his ascension to the role of Headmaster. It was not something that Jakub had entered into lightly and he felt the weight of it all everyday. But he was proud. Proud to be a muggleborn and proud to be a Hufflepuff. And damn proud to be the Headmaster of Hogwarts. It hadn't been a dream of his, he knew he was always going to teach, but he never thought he would sit in the office where so many others had sat. "Hogwarts has always been a home for inclusion and kindness, we've just lost our way at times. But I truly appreciate that Virsham, truly." He offered the other man a warm smile and he nodded as talk of Charlotte came up. "Oh, I am aware. She is going to do great things, just like her Mum." Jakub again offered a smile to Virsham. He didn't bring up Virsham's wife much, but she had been a wondrous lady.

"Well, mum and dad have been following your election very closely - I actually just spoke them about the results. They do hope to see you soon." Jakub's parents were those kind of supportive parents - they were just such good people. When Minerva McGonagall arrived at his home to inform them, they were absolutely thrilled. His parents were, well, hippies and they were all about being different and boy was this different! It had been tough to walk the line that came with the Statute of Secrecy, but it all worked out in the end and they were so involved in his world - because it was their world too now.

Finishing off his glass, Jakub gave Virsham a look. "Have you ever known me not to have copious amounts of wine?" Jakub let out a laugh and stood up. As he moved to the large cabinet off to the right of his desk, he watched as Virsham brushed his fingers over the magical instruments littered about the office. With a new bottle in hand, Jakub cleared his throat. "Minerva set those back up. When Albus died, he kindly left all of these to the school. Snape removed them," Jakub looked toward the portrait of Severus Snape which was empty, "and Minerva worked to restore them." Jakub worked to uncork the bottle as Virsham spoke again and he was pouring them both more wine as he spoke. "It feels fucking fantastic." He offered the now filled glass back to Virsham and sighed. "I just want to continue what Minerva did - to truly make this a home. And I am lifting the ban on hiring of werewolves and vampires. It's archaic and asaine." He took a sip of his own wine, his eyes focused on Virsham. "Have you ever seen the other rooms in here?" Even Jakub had learned about a few new areas when he became Headmaster.

Yes, Virsham was in fact proud of Jakub. He had followed his own way, and climbed the ladder, step by step, as he had done himself. They had accomplished so much since their days as students, that they had all rights to be proud of themselves. "Remember all the foolish things we've done when we were students here?  Not many would have bet on our success, I imagine... And you're right, Hogwarts... I always felt it was a second home. Although, I'm happy to have graduated! no more assignments of five feet long! Hogwarts will always have a special place in my heart... I've made life long friends here... and... yeah..." Virsham nodded at Jakub's comment about his wife, "She was amazing. I've been lucky to meet here, lucky to marry her... She's one of the best things that happened to me in Hogs".

Thaïs had been a Gryffindor, like Virsham, from the same year. She had that kind of charisma that acts like a magnet and makes you want to hang around them. Thankfully she wasn't shallow or superficial. She was the opposite, but she was also spontaneous, funny, kind and creative. And wild. The sort of wildness that had attracted Virsham and brought them together. "If Charlotte is a little like her mother and me... you'll have some funny years coming up... Don't complain about it! you have much more " he added with a smirk, knowing his daughter was much more tender and dreamer than he had ever been.

"They have followed the election?" repeated Virsham slightly surprised. He knew Jakub's parents were very much involved in their son's life and in the community, since the reception of his Hogwarts letter, so he shouldn't have been that surprised. And somehow, it showed that they had forgave the terrible times they had been through during the last Wizardry War. Virsham always greet them and took a coffee to talk with them when he saw them in Diagon Alley, or at the local grocery shop, but with the election and the campaign, he hadn't seen them for long. "I should ask them out for dinner soon... We could go somewhere in DA. The kids will be happy to see them again. Would you join us?"

Virsham had a obvious smirk. He had never seen Jakub's cellar stash run dry, even during the wildest of their parties, and the joke that Jakub might have casted a endless-filling spell on his precious bottles had stuck. "I always thought you had an understanding with the Fat Friar..." His teasing face didn't last long, and turned serious when the new headmaster talked about Prof. Dumbledore's instruments, and of Prof. Snape. Virsham sighed, giving a swift look at the empty portrait "I know what Harry says about him.. But... Maybe I'm not as understanding and forgiving than him... For me, Snape did awful things and tried to redeem himself because the obsession he had for a woman who rejected him... Some say it's romantic and a true sad love story. I think it's just right down sordid."

Virsham lifted his full glass at Jakub's, and listen to him, enjoying the crimson liquid on his tongue, "Well, I have nothing against your lift of ban on werewolves, but don't you think you might find yourself with some HR issues with vampires? I mean... their life... -or non-life- is... can be very very long... I can't imagine in what kind of nightmare you may get into if you have some misunderstanding with them... But well... as long as they don't feed on human, and on student -!- their insight regarding life and History should be very enriching for the Hogwarts students.."

His current train of thought was completely disrupted by Jakub seemingly innocent next question. Virsham almost chocked and looked at him with interrogation in his eyes "... other rooms? like what?"

"I recall all the times you talked me into doing those foolish things, yes." Jakub was teasing in that moment and he playful poked his tongue out at Virsham. Their friendship at Hogwarts had been quite the two-sided troublemaking. Both had come up with their fair share of schemes and, at times, were viewed as something ala the Weasley Twins - albeit never as fabulous as they had been - but still, it was now humorous when Jakub had to discipline a student for doing the same things he had done years ago. Jakub nodded thoughtfully when Virsham spoke of his wife, it had been a sad and shocking moment when she was murdered. Not knowing what more to say, Jakub offered a soft chuckle. "Do you remember the night we almost got caught by Professor Sprout? Trying to plant those seeds I thought were from my Dad's weed?" Oh, how hilarious and absolutely terrifying that had been.

"Well, with Charlotte, at least I know one future student who already likes me." Jakub adored Charlotte and he had always been drawn to her. He had never had children, well so far, but he hadn't ever felt the need to have children. He considered each and every student within the walls of Hogwarts to be his children and safety was the name of the game. It also didn't hurt that he had been at the school for over a decade so he had made many friends and seen the children of many friends and former student acquaintances. "I see you both in her, she's tender like her mum and we both know she can be a bit stubborn. Which is your fault." He spoke in a warm, friendly voice and took another swig from his glass.

"Oh, of course! You know my folks still do Sunday dinner. Every sunday I would walk in and the first thing my mother would as would be, 'How is Virsham doing? Is he eating? He's so busy, we never get to see him!'" The ending of his statement was done in a near-perfect imitation of his mother's accent - a mixture between New Jersey and Wales. At the idea of a dinner, Jakub clapped his hands. "Glad you said something. My mother is determined to throw you a little thing at their place. Just us, the kids, you. So this would work perfectly!" He raised his glass to Virsham and took another large swallow.

"Oh, the Fat Friar has helped me out in many dry moments. Bless him." Jakub made a note to check-in on the Hufflepuff House Ghost and then returned his attention to Virsham. "I think Snape was as complex as you and I. We don't interact much, he doesn't remain in his portrait long. He prefers his frame in the dungeons. The stories Minerva told me though, it's easy to see why he has both supporters and critics." He offered this with a shrug and gave a soft wave of his hand. "Well, obviously! I'm not going to hire them and then offer them a pick of student meals. But, they are people too. Do you remember Michael O'Scott? The vampire we met that one night in Godric's Hollow? He was absolutely pleasant!" OH, that night had been quite wild. And it was possible Jakub was remembering things slightly off since he did end up sleeping with the vampire that evening.

At Virsham's reaction, Jakub nodded and turned back to his desk. "Yes, man! Look." Jakub approached a set of stairs that led to the loft area behind his desk. "On this side, behind a portrait of Helga Hufflepuff, is a private study. I never even knew it was here - Minerva and I either met at the desk or around the school. She didn't stay up here much. And then," he paused here to take a drink, "on this side, behind a portrait of Antonia Creaseworthy, is my private quarters. I had just never been in there before - because that would have been weird. But it's astounding what this office can do." He leaned against the railing on the loft's landing, looking around before his eyes again settled on Virsham.

@Minister Virsham Bane

Virsham couldn't help to laugh at this revisitation of their common past, half shocking at the deformation, ""I talked you into doing things?" As If anyone could force you into doing anything you didn't want to do in the first place!" He chuckled at the headmaster display of childish behavior, and replicated, sticking his tongue at him too. "Yeah, we were bad seeds already. But your father's" where another kind of nasty..." he said grinning at the memory. "Although, I think that the worse was the story we had to come up to explain the whole situation to Prof. Sprout if she had caught us... Thankfully we never had to test that..." It was only one of their many attacks on rules that weren't fit for them... most definitely... It was exciting and terrifying to play with those, a rush that never had left Virsham, pushing him ever further into dangerous situations... for the better, and the worse.

"Oh, yes, yes, she likes you. But it's not really a choice, you're like family, so... she's almost forced to love you" Virsham teased. Even if Jakub and Virsham weren't always at each other's house, they use to see each other on regular basis, and at the very minimum for the birthdays and some holidays that have special meaning for the both of them. In that, it made them friends. A little more than friends. 

At Jakub comment on Charlotte, though, Virsham frowned "I'm not stubborn! I actually know what I want, which makes me someone very focused and goal-centered! Anyway, she looks more like her mother than me... you should be relieved!"

Virsham's many duties and engagements had prevented him from coming check on Jakub's parents the past months, but somehow he supposed that her mother had been visiting them. After all, she was retiree now and widowed. Of course she took care of the kids when Virsham was in representation, but she had still a lot of time. "Well, as you said, it's a date. Promise, I'll try to act all surprised and all when they throw that little party!"

"The Fat Friar had a special liking for you, that for sure. I never really knew if it was because you were an insufferable drunk, sorry, a "wine-lover", or because you're a Puff... Whatever it was, you were quite the pair!"

Virsham didn't comment about Snape. He could be very definitive on certain matters, and this one had been already "trialed" in his mind. Virsham still kept bad memories and wounds from the time the dark wizards ruled Hogwarts, and, whatever was Snape's reason for allowing that to happen, Virsham couldn't forgive him.

"I remember that night with Michael O'Scott totally differently... I guess it didn't end the same way for you than me. I still remember his fangs in my carotid and how he almost drained me that night... So excuse me for not being that excited about it!" Virsham remembered how the vampire had menaced him to finish the job if he put himself between Jakub and him, he had obviously developed some unhealthy fantasy involving the muggleborn....

Virsham stood up, following Jakub in the tour of the place. It has changed a little since his years, but it was only logical, after all, all Headmasters and Headmistresses were supposed to accommodate the rooms to their needs. Some rooms felt the same, with minor alterations, some others were totally new. For once, the former-auror had an admiring gaze. That place never ceased to amaze him and to bring back the kid in him. 

"I love magic" He couldn't help to whisper as he arrived to Jakub's level on the landing, his eyes lowering to finish locked in Jakub's. "Yeah... amazing... That office... that Castle... it's like it's alive, and breathing. Sometimes, I could almost feel the energy... I wonder.. What kind of marvels it did with your chambers?"

Their friendship had always been a saving grace for Jakub. The Hufflepuff had befriended nearly all those he passed during his time at Hogwarts, but the connection he had shared with Virsham couldn't be repeated. Sure, Jakub had had nights when he imagined what life would be like if him and Jakub had ever become more than friends, but he never acted on those thoughts. Their friendship just meant so much more, he wasn't prepared to lose him over his own midnight wants. Then he was off dating and getting married and Jakub had pushed himself away for a bit - the jealousy pulling at him every time they were all together. But that was then and this is now. "And she knows I adore her immensely." That was true. Jakub had done everything he could to envelope the entire family in warmth after Virsham's wife died and they connection he felt to Charlotte was immense. Jakub decided not to comment on Virsham's comment on his stubbornness - it's not like Jakub would win anyway.

At Virsham's acceptance of the dinner offer, Jakub clapped his hands softly and made a mental note to share that with his folks the next day. Even with Jakub not meaning the word 'date' as one might think, his mind wandered for a moment in the idea of Virsham and him on a date. It was both a mixture of absolutely hilarity and sudden want as the ideas circled about his wine-addled brain. Those thoughts were scattered when Virsham became to speak on the Fat Friar and Jakub put on a face of false shock. "Me? An insufferable drunk? Never! Besides, you still want to hang around me so I can't be that bad." Jakub let out a soft, warm laugh and took a big swallow from his glass. Jakub waved off Virsham's recollection of that evening. "Oh the only reason he attacked you is because you were defending me. Not that I am complaining, it was sweet." Virsham had, quite literally, placed himself between the vampire and Jakub. Which was always so funny seeing as the vampire ended up having sex with Jakub anyway.

Jakub's eyes followed Virsham as he climbed onto the landing and he suddenly found that he was unable to really focus on anything else. It was probably the wine, but that didn't stop Jakub from downing the rest of his glass. As Virsham spoke, he pulled his wand from his pocket and gave it a lazy flick toward the bottle on the desk below. It floated up to him and he poured the rest of the bottle's contents into his and Virsham's glass. He looked up just as Virsham was returning his gaze and he couldn't stop himself. His free hand moved up to rest gently on Virsham's large forearm, not breaking their locked gaze. "Come take a look." His fingers brushed softly over the fabric concealing Virsham's muscles and then his fingers gave a soft tug of the fabric. He slowly moved back toward the portrait and it swung opened, revealing the quarters.

@Minister Virsham Bane