Magical Awakenings {MA}
Charles Monroe

I promised you Christmas

Promising the world to his best friend meant everything to him. They had grown up together. Been through thick and thin together. Through ups and down, the good times and bads, the loss of their fathers, gaining of their siblings. It was rough on them as kids but he loved his best friend through everything. through the tough times and everything in between. He wasn't going to forget anything that she had done for him and there wasn't anyone else in the world that he wanted to be around for anything except Braelynn. They had known eachother since they were in the womb and now they were 17  and it was Christmas time and they had graduated. Seemed like a long time ago.

With their favorite Movie in the bag of goodies he had, Charlie had knocked on the door of the house before walking in and calling out for Braelyn "Lynnie!!!" he called out loudly, knowing she would scold him for the nickl name but he didn't care as he quickly sat the rather big box under the tree to go find her after making sure the cookies were set out and everything else was set up first "Time for our tradition!" he called out once more" he added. She had no idea of the gift he had in store for her in that big box and the surprise it held for her. 

Brae was in her room when Charles bopped into the house like he owned the place. She heard him call her name. "Hold on!" And the thumping around that haralded their yearly tradition. Putting one last curl on the ribbon of her own gift, the girl picked up the unwieldy, but light, container and headed for the stairs.

Walking in on her best friend as he stuffed a cookie in his mouth. "Couldn't wait, huh?" She teased walking over to set her gift under the tree as well. It was Christmas eve, and their parents had taken the littles to Sarah's annual party. She and Charles had never had to go, having already been 11 when they started being thrown by Uri's friend. Jeff said the parties were awesome, Chelsea & Rae said they were boring. Brae was totally content to stay home with her bestie and be stupid. "Have you figured out who your mom's been running off to see yet?" She asked as she headed for the couch. Falling into it's squishy softness beside him. It had only been a couple of weeks but Kinz was definitely up to something.

Charlie grinned with a mouth full of cookie as she spoke about if he had found out, shaking his head a bit " no i couldnt wait.. " he saod to her firat comment " and no i havent..all i know is shes been seeing aome guy it's gotta be..ahes been dressing up and new perfume.." He said as he looked to brae with a shudder "dont know if i like that idea.." He laughed a bit.

Charlie coulsnt believe that that present he got her had been quiet in the box while they sat there, sitting with brae as he had his legs pulled under him and nestled closer to braelynn.

Just then the box moved and small whimpers could be heard loud enough for her to hear, charlie wondering if braelynn would get up to investigate. Luckily the box was holed so the puppy could breath. It was two gifts in one. The other was around the puppys neck.

"I keep trying to tell you... Step parents aren't that bad. Just look at papa. Mostly he keeps mom out of my hair." Uri had stuck around through everything, and most of the time Brae loved him for it. She didn't really remember her father anymore, but she didn't feel slighted.

"What did you do?" She looked at the boy with narrowed eyes as the tree started making noise. Normally gifts happened after the movie.

"Its not the tree...i thought your present would be asleep till then..." He laughed a bit as he looked up to her then to the tree "but i guess not.." He said as he said, motioning to the box.

Charlie gave a sly snile as he looked to braelynn "you can look at yours now if you want....since its making noise....i can wait for mine .." He said, waiting to see what she did.

"You thought it would sleep?" The expression on her face didn't clear. Ever since he'd given her a jarvey in 4th year they had tactically agreed not to give living gifts while they were still living with their parents. Granted, now at 17, they were done with school and could choose not to live at home.

Getting up slowly the dark haired girl headed for the significantly smaller parcel under the tree. That's when the box jumped. Brae screamed, but the sound turned to a squeal when the lid bopped and a little brown nose snuffed out to see what was the commotion. Dropping to her knees the girl pulled open the box to see just what Charles had gotten her.

Charlie couldnt help but laugh as she bent to check the box, loving the sound of the squeal she made, not saying anything as the puppy came out even further to see braelynn and lick her face as the lid cam off.

The silver ribbon around the puppy's neck held another very important present for braelynn as the puppy wiggled and tried jumping into braelynns arms as the box tipped over as charlie watched and waited.

Brae giggled scooping up the black and tan ball of fur as it made every attempt to to lick every inch of her face. "You might as well open yours now too." She spoke, still too busy handling the wiggles to bother noticing things like what the ribbon might say.

She wanted to see the expression on his face when Charles opened the paper to find the double decker hand made cage for his owl.

Charlie smiled when he saw the puppy licking her face " i guess so" he said as he went to his and started opening the paper. A gasp graced came out of his mouth as he tore off the rest of the paper "oh brae.." He said in wonderment as he exposed the rest of the cage "oh wow" she added. His face lit up at the sight of the cage.

Meanwhile the puppy kept trying to get at the ribbon around his neck, a slight nose coming from around his neck and the ribbon, the words on the ribbon saying will you marry me.

Watching her best friend open his gift, Brae couldn't contain a happy laugh. "I'm glad you like it. I figured she'd need a bigger home when we get married and I move in with my Eve." Speaking of the cat Braelynn wondered what she was up too. Usually she came running when Charles showed up.

It was about then that the puppy whined. Looking down to get the ribbon off his lower jaw, she was in the proccess of untying it when she realized what it said. Pulling the ribbon up into the air she asked the all important question. "You sure you're ready?" It wasn't something they even really talked about, but both young adults knew they had been all but promised to each other from birth. No one had called it arranged, but it might as well have been. It helped that as they had grown they had stayed close. Lynnie had just always known they would get married one day, and not once in all that time had the boy failed her. At 14 they had agreed not to sleep together till they were ready to get married. Mostly in responce to Brae's friend's relationship crashing horribly when she slept with a boy she'd been snogging all over the castle for weeks. Braelynn was sure if she was more excited or scared he was going to say Yes.

Charlie was looking at the cage a bit more when braelyn spoke "it works perfectly and I'm pretty sure nyx has a thing for your eve anyways " he said with a slight laugh as he slid the cage to the side as he contiued to look to her. 

When she spoke again, charlie sucked in a breath as he nodded when he slowly let it out "i know I'm ready. I've been think about it for months now and I know there is noone id rather be with than you lynnie.." He said with a firm look to his face as he held the ring his hand as he got down to one knee "so how about it will you marry me?"

Brae watched in silence as Charles came to her and dropped to one knee. Where he pulled the ring from was completely lost on her, but she eyed the lovely emerald surounded by little diamonds, and she slowly started to nod. "Yes." The word was a breath. She was ready for this adventure too.

Catching her bottom lip between her teeth she wondered if Charles would kiss her tonight. There hadn't been much of that in their relationship. Cuddles stopped at a line, and the woman had waited patiently for there to be more. Not because she didn't spend hours wondering curiously, but because she was scared. Charlie was her best friend. If she lost him she'd be devistated.

Charlie was beyond enamoured with his best friend braelynn. They had been through everything together. Through the thick and thin, through the good times and bad and there is nothing and no one hed rather be with than braelyn. Putting the ring on her finger, charlie picked her up by her waist and kissed hee deeply and with the intensity and passion that her had held for her all these years. He had loved her since they were little.

People would say they were young but he knew who he wanted to live with the rest of his life "braelynn..I love you to the moon and back and there is nothing id rather do than give my all to you. Mind body and spirit. I want to spend every day growing old with you...have a family with you and yes that mean I want to have kids with you...that is if you want " he said as he held her " I want to give my all to you" he said with a serious note to his voice as he stood with jer in front of the Christmas tree.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.