2 2
Cherry Summer

Meeting the (Hopeful) Boss

Cherry was so excited to be finally out of school. Now she could actually talk to Dexter outside the whole Hogsmeade sneak away that she used to pull. She didn’t have to worry about getting caught sneaking away to see him and that made her very happy with the whole situation. She did however have a difficult time finding a job opening that she might actually be interested in but she found one at a maternity and baby store. She thought it could be a cool and fun first job, but usually to get a job you have to meet the boss which was what she was getting ready for. She was so nervous that she could hardly hold her flat iron still straight as she was doing her hair to make the best first impression. She wore a loose white blouse with a tight black skirt and grey strappy sandals since it was summer and she was ready for it to feel like it. She had seen Dex since graduation thanks to his job but she understood, he was one of the youngest Aurors in the Ministry and he couldn’t afford one mistake. That was part of why she was already looking for a job since her father had managed to pay off the house before he passed last year though bills were still a thing but she needed something to occupy her time, what better than a job.

Brooklyn had never interviewed anyone before so she was a little unsure about how to hold one. Of course she had had her share of interviews when she applied for jobs, working to save up her money to open her business. But she had never been the one to ask the questions and hire an employee, but after being open for a while she realized that running the shop all by herself was trickier than she had thought it would be. So she had decided to put up a help wanted sign in the front window and she was sure that by now her boyfriend was starting to get annoyed with her every time she asked him what questions she should ask during the interviews she gave. Finally after getting only a few applicants, she started setting up some interview times so that was what she was waiting for now. Brooklyn was sitting the front counter where she usually checked out customers as she waited for Cherry to arrive.

Cherry was nervous, it was her first (and hopefully only for a while) interview and she was hoping she would make a good impression. As she arrived she noticed the woman behind the counter and walked up to her. Hi, I'm Cherry Summer. I'm here for an interview with the owner. She wasn't sure that the woman behind the counter was the woman she was supposed to be meeting or what. She was a little chilled still but the store was better than outside at least. She hadn't worn a blazer because she felt that would be a bit of a professional look overkill. So she was here, the store was cute and she was actually becoming more hopeful that she would get the job.

Brooklyn was sitting behind the counter, reading one of the prenatal books that she sold in the store. She wasn't expecting but someday she wanted to have a child, especially with her boyfriend Seth. She looked up when she heard the front door open and smiled as she set the book down on the counter. She stood up and walked over to meet Cherry in front of the counter. "Hello!" She greeted the other woman as she held out her hand to her. "My name is Brooklyn, I'm the owner. It's nice to meet you, Cherry."

Cherry was a little sorry to have interrupted the woman's reading but she needed to know that she was at the right place. Yes the sign out front said Baby and Me but she wasn't sure that she was applying to the only one. As she said hello she did make sure to have a smile on her face, A smile is always a good first impression or at least that's what her research said. She shook the hand that was held out to her before she smiled again, this was a bit more genuine, as the lady said she was Brooklyn the owner. Oh thank goodness I have the right place. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Brooklyn closed her book and waved her wand at it so that it would put itself away where she had grabbed it from earlier. She had closed the shop so there were no customers and she knew that Cherry was just about to graduate from Hogwarts, so she wasn't worried about using magic. Brook smiled as she shook the girl's hand before she motioned to the other stool by the one that she had been sitting on. "Please have a seat," she said as she walked over to where she had been sitting and sat back down. "So, I saw that you are graduating from Hogwarts soon?"

Cherry nodded as Brooklyn said to have a seat before finding the stool around the other side if the counter and sitting down. She was super nervous. Classes had already ended at Hogwarts but graduation wasn't for another week. She nodded again as she said that Cherry was graduating soon. Yes in a week, I managed to slip away since classes are over. She realized saying that she had managed to slip away probably wasn't the wisest decision when on a job interview, especially since she was almost certain that others had applied. 

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 7:37 PM, Cherry Summer said:

Cherry nodded as Brooklyn said to have a seat before finding the stool around the other side if the counter and sitting down. She was super nervous. Classes had already ended at Hogwarts but graduation wasn't for another week. She nodded again as she said that Cherry was graduating soon. Yes in a week, I managed to slip away since classes are over. She realized saying that she had managed to slip away probably wasn't the wisest decision when on a job interview, especially since she was almost certain that others had applied. 

Brooke raised an eyebrow when the girl told her that graduation was in a week but she had managed to slip away cause classes were over. "Would you say you're a good student? Hard working and usually on time?" Of course she could probably figure that out from the school, but she wanted to hear Cherry's opipion too. She wrote down what Cherry said before she asked her, "Tell me a little about yourself?"

Cherry was still super nervous about the interview and as the first question was asked she realized this was serious. She was doing something to become part of the adult world, that's terrifying. I would say I'm a good student. I'm a fast learner and dedicated. Once I decide to commit to something I don't quit. I'm fairly good at following directions and I had been in a committed relationship for two years. She smiled as she stopped her talking. That last bit hurt so say out loud but it was true. She stuck with him until the ship crashed to the bottom of the ocean. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2