Magical Awakenings {MA}
Callista Fray

Snow Day

Snow was rare in France so the school had thought it would give the students the afternoon off to enjoy it, especially since Christmas was almost here. All the pre-break tests were already over in her classes at least so them missing a day didn't matter much. Besides it suited her mood, she was sulking and she didn't care. She'd gotten a particularly nasty howler from her father this morning and she was upset over it still, and she was still puzzled that the man even knew she was hanging out with Theo and his blood status. Not to mention she'd made the mistake of opening the blasted thing in the halls so it was likely half the school heard her father and she was ashamed. Once it finished shouting at her she headed right out here, the gardens usually brought her peace but with it being winter the dead plants matched her mood perfectly. Sitting down on a bench she sulked, not bothering to brush the snow off before she sat so her jeans were beginning to get wet. 

Classes were over and done with and generally he was happy about seeing snow but he was so frustrated and angry. As he was heading to the common room to change he heard gossip in the hallways and someone enlighten him to what happened and he wasn’t happy that half the school was now talking about cal and him and the fact her father had forbid her to see him. His heart was breaking as he thought of his sunshine leaving him. He quickly changed and went to look for her the first place being the girls dorms, bathroom and everything in between he couldn’t find her. Tears stung his eyes as he dreaded the worst maybe her parents had took her out of school. He sighed as he smacked the wall in the hallway, his knuckles bled but he didn’t care. It was better then feeling heart broken. As he climbed the stairs out a girl said she had spotted cal going out in the grounds likely the gardens. He thanked her after wiping his watery cheeks and headed in that direction. Once there he could see her and he made himself look reasonable though his cheeks were probably puffy, and his knuckles damaged. As he approached her he froze what the hell was he supposed to say? So he didn’t and Just slid next to her in the bench. Leaning forward as he places his hands between his legs closing them so she couldn’t see his hands. 

When it came to crappy days this had to be pretty near the top when it came to ones Callista had so far, of course leave it to her parents to ruin anything good in her life again. For years she had been a good girl, did well in school, made prefect, and (mostly) obeyed them over everything, yet they couldn't let her have any happiness. Of course not, she thought bitterly. It wasn't just the fact he was a boy, it was that he was muggle born and wouldn't be useful for her parents in making connections in the pureblood world. Even if he had been pureblood it might not have made a difference, if he wasn't from the right family they still would have forbade any interaction so the families of possible suitors didn't question her integrity. She wanted to scream yet she wanted to cry at the same time, as always she wasn't more than a tool for her parents to use to their benefit. Cal was so tired of being told what to do like a dog, she wanted to see Theo because he made her happy for the first time in her life. Of course her parents wanted to take that away, Theo was a threat to all the plans they had laid out for her from the moment she graduated. She was so engrossed in her embarrassment over everyone hearing the howler and her hatred of her parents that she didn't hear anyone approaching, when they sat down she almost snapped at them to go away until she realized it was Theo. Her heart soared at seeing him, and butterflies erupted in her stomach. If feeling that was wrong then she didn't want to be right. "So I guess that means you heard." Was all she said, quietly. She hoped he hadn't heard the howler firsthand, but she couldn't be sure. 

Theo had no idea what to make out of what he had heard he didn’t fully understand the whole thing as he hadn’t heard it first hand. Just bits, he knew that her parents thought he wasn’t good enough for her, which was total unicorn turds, stupid pureists. He sighed as he looked at her and shrugged, “I’ve heard the main part from others..” he said gloomily as he looked away from her for a moment biting his lower lip in frustration. ”So I’m not good enough for you, so where does that leave us...?” He asked rocking forward a little he didn’t want to be selfish with her and keep her unhappy if she was to continue to frocklie with him all they had done was kissed it was hardly a crime. 

Cal felt awful, not only for herself but for him as he had done nothing wrong and was now caught up in this because her parents were jerks. She knew this was something she would have eventually had to discuss with him, her parents being purists and all, but she hadn't imagined it would be anywhere near this soon. If she ever found out who was passing information on to her parents she was going to kick them in the shin, as hard as she could. She bit her lip when she heard he'd gotten it through the gossip train, not sure if that was better or worse to be honest. If he had heard it first hand he would know what her father really said which wasn't good, however with hearing it from the gossip train it could have been horribly twisted. Both made her heart hurt because neither of them were good, and it hurt him which was worse. "I mean I know they're my parents and I should listen to them..." She said sighing.  "But I don't want to! I don't think you're not good enough for me. I like you and I want to keep seeing you!" She told him, bursting into tears. 

Being told you weren’t good enough for someone wasn’t something he could dismiss at all. Theo had a tough life and he thought things would get better but clearly not and he was genuinely gutted about it all. Theo wasn’t one to beat around the bush he said things how they were and that was that if she didn’t want to be with him anymore then so be it, he wouldn’t put up a fight if she didn’t want him. But if she did he would do anything and everything to be with her, if that meant running away so be it. Hearing her words he felt bad for her his arm draped around her shoulder pulling her right into him as he placed his chin on the top of her head. “I’ll always want you to want me. Cal I really like you and I want to be with you. But I won’t influence any choices you have to make” he said running his other hand down her side trying to comfort her, as best as he could anyway. 

The good thing about Cal was she didn't think the same way her parents did, she didn't think that anyone wasn't good enough just because something silly like blood status. Sometimes her parents cursed her because they didn't know how they'd ended up with her as a daughter, she was polar opposites of them and they hated her for it. They were counting down the days until they could marry her off and she wouldn't be their problem anymore, it was a sad life for her. Being a teenager of a militant and purist family was not easy, especially when they clung to the old traditions. He pulled her close and Callista just cried, she hoped she wasn't snotting on him because that would be embarrassing.  She leaned in to him and took some deep breaths to calm herself, something about him had her on edge but calmed her at the same time. "I want this." She said softly. "I just don't know how to make this work with my parents." She said, sounding desperate. 

Theo wished he could read her mind right now but then again if she didn’t feel the same way as he did he wasn’t sure he could cope with that. He loved her more than anything, and she was already his everything. He didn’t know what he would literally do which left him brooding a little he loved his red fire cracker. As he held her closer wrapping both his arms around her instead. He loved he way she felt in his arms as he breathed in a small sigh. Hearing that she wanted this made his heart race but she also doubted it due to her parents. “Cal they aren’t going to accept me even if I change my name, or appearance. The only way they would be okay with this is if we ran away or did something stupid like getting married. They can’t undo what has been done” he said with a shrug both were crazy ideas but he has enough money for his own place for now. He could get a part time job so they could eat, and keep a roof over their heads if needed. 

Reading her mind was not something Theo wanted, she could assure him of that. Her mind was a dark, scary place that rarely made sense to even her so she couldn't imagine him trying to get in there and make sense of things. Every moment she spent with him made her happier and was better than the last moment with him, nothing else in the world mattered when she was with him. It was like he was her own personal little bubble and as long as she had him around nothing bad could happen, even in light of this owl it still did stop this illusion. "I know they aren't." She said, feeling bad about it. He was perfect in every way that mattered and it wasn't fair her parents were turds and wouldn't give him the fair shot he deserved. She listened to his suggestion and shook her head. "They'd just annul the marriage, although running away isn't a bad idea." She considered, thinking. Cal wasn't sure if they would try and find her or not, as long as she was worth something to them they likely would. The solution jumped in her head, so obvious, and she felt her face growing hot. "We could...." She said, turning crimson not sure if he caught her drift. Trying to offer some clarification she made hand movements in the vicinity of her stomach.  

He already would die for cal if it came to that a blood bath to win her over from her parents he would fight. He loved everything about the fiery red head who chuckled bottles at his head, he still chuckled about that now. It hadn’t been a first good impression but at least he was here now. Working on winning her over every day, why because he loved her. He sighed and nodded his head at her first words about them not accepting him, there was nothing he could do. Not now his blood type was what it was and he was proud of it. He didn’t care generally about pure bloods and such but he didn’t realise purists were still around and with his happening it boiled his blood. “Running away it is then, you will need to charm a bag so you can fit everything inside of it. Making it lighter to carry” he could imagine how much stuff she would want to bring, and carrying it all in person wasn’t going to work. Magic was needed here for their escape. At her words he followed her hands and was confused for a while. Until it smacked him in the face... “but cal.. that’s life changing. Also wouldn’t they make you abort it or knock you and get it done while your unconscious or something?” He had no idea how far her parents would go to stop him being with her. Would they take her unwillingly and make her abort a child or try and Poison her so she would loose it? All these thoughts entered his mind and he freaked out. He jumped to his feet and paced. He was sure he couldn’t put her life in danger, unless they were running away to have a family?

This whole thing was turning out crazier than she ever imagined, who would have guessed they'd end up here? All because she'd decided to take a bath in the prefect bathroom and he refused to leave when he rudely barged in. She had been doing okay with her lot in life until then, well mostly okay. Then he'd awoken something in her she didn't know it was possible to feel, it was a fire she had to feel and to feel it she had to be with him. Being without him now wasn't an option for her, and if he left she would be destroyed. She had given him so much more of herself than either of them realized, she didn't want a life without him anymore and it was a sobering thought. If he wanted to run away she'd do it because even though she didn't realize it she loved him. "I can do that." She told him that. While she was dreadful at divinations she had a knack for charms, adding an extending charm to a bag would be easy. Likely that would be the easiest part, figuring out how to make a living would be much harder. "If they don't know or can't find me they can't do anything about it." She murmured quietly. It was hard enough to suggest it panic gripped her chest when he started pacing,  had she gone too far? Oh lord had she done something stupid. If he didn't say something soon she was going to hyperventilate. 

Theo couldn’t believe they were on about running away and starting a family. They hadn’t even been intimate yet, cal might not like Theo after they had sex for the first time he was a little tougher than most guys but she wouldn’t know the difference. He thought they were taking things slow and now all of a sudden she was thinking of getting pregnant. It was a lot to take in and he didn’t want to do anything too crazy but what if this was their only choice, the only shot to happiness. He sighed softly as he looked at her, did she really want this or was she just saying this to please him. “Good I knew you would be able to, you’re a smart cookie” he said with a smile. He paced for a while before turning to her, bending down to his knees in front of her. “Cal we haven’t even had sex yet, are you sure that is what you want?” He asked being serious. He promised to be good to her and take it slow, being romantic and all. 

Cal was trying to stay upright but her chest was getting tight and it was getting harder to breathe. This was such a huge step and it had taken a lot for her to suggest such a thing, she wanted to be in a relationship with him and she wanted to see where it would go. To be fair she realized this was like putting the cart before the horse but she was panicking, if she didn't figure something out then her parents would take action and that was something she knew without question. Callista breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth, then she focused on five things she could see followed but four things she could touch. It was working until she got to three and realized she didn't remember what it was, so much for not panicking. "Charms is easy." She mumbled, trying to keep the ugly monster in her chest down. She was so young and here she was being forced to make life altering decisions, it  wasn't fair but she had come to accept the fact nothing about her life thus far had been fair. "What other choice do we have?" She snapped at him unintentionally, it was because of the stress and panic. "If we don't do something and keep carrying on like we are someday I'll be gone and never be back. I'll be married to someone else and regardless of what I want that marriage will produce children. Then I get to spend the rest of my life with that man and those kids." Cal knew it too, she flinched at the reality of it.   

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.