Beatrice Markovic

Umm surprise?

7 posts in this topic

It was only a couple days since her accident at work but the nurse had signed her off just for the remainder of the week. To rest her head, Beatrice hadn’t reached out to Eli yet. They had owled but not seen each other after her accident. Bea has no idea how to go about telling him she was pregnant, it was late in the evening but she invited him over as she had cooked dinner. Steak, with big chunky chips, mushrooms, vegetables and a complimenty sauce on the side. Now she was just waiting for him she grabbed a beer out of the fridge knowing he would of just finished his mid shift at the bar. She grabbed herself a drink but it was just water. If he asked why she wasn’t drinking then she wouldn’t know what to say as she took the vitamin she hadn’t taken this Morning and swallowed it as she sipped the water. Her hand reached down she knew there was something growing inside her but it was weird to think about. Four weeks pregnant which was a month, she knew how it had happened. Beatrice sighed softly leaning against the counter she was wearing leggings black with long boots that came up to her knees and a long thick jumper with a vest underneath. Her hair was loosely wrapped in a bun and she had no make up on. Beatrice had been sick twice since finding out she was pregnant she just hoped the food would stay down. Not that she was really hungry. 

Eli was at work when he got the invitation to go to Bea's for dinner and the excitement carried him through his shift. He was still worried about her since her accident and he hadn't gotten to see her. She had explained in her owls she was fine now but he still wanted to double check, after all he tended to try and take care of her and when she gets injured he feels he didn't do he job right. Though they were both at work when it happened. As he finished his shift he walked to her place since it wasn't that far from the bar. He stopped at a flower cart on his way, sure he was a little tired from work but he knew that she had to be going stir crazy since she had the week off work. So he was going to surprise her with flowers. As he arrived he knocked on the door and realized he was still in uniform, black polo and black slacks with black dress shoes. The only thing missing was his white apron that was used to hold tips. As she opened the door he smiled at her, Hey beautiful. He held out the flowers towards her, They reminded me of you.  They were fire red and orange lillies. The lady at the cart called them tiger lillies but he picked them because of the fiery color. 

Sipping her water she waited patiently she knew he would be here soon. His work wasn’t far as she checked on the food it was plated up and was being kept warm magically. As she was about to sit down she heard a knock and opened the door seeing him standing at the front door in his uniform she smiled. That’s when she saw the flowers and blushed softly it was cute that he had brought them for her. “Eli thank you so much they are beautiful” she said taking them as she pecked his lips. Moving out the way she let him inside once he was she closed the door behind then. Moving into the kitchen she grabbed a vase and filled it opening the plastic wrapping and cutting the stems as she popped them in the water. “They have made my week” she said getting a little teary. Grabbing the beer she twisted the top and handed it to him as she grabbed her water and sipped it. “How was work?” She asked leaning a little against the work surface for now. 

Arriving after work was always a highlight of his day, after all it meant she wanted to see him that day. Heck, even before they went to Paris he looked forward to when he would go to hers or she would come to his, it meant he got to spend time with his best friend even now the circumstances are very very different. Now he was bringing her flowers when he came around. Speaking of the fact she thought they were beautiful made him smile. Glad you like them, they did remind me of you on my way here. He leaned down and pecked her back with a smile as she took the flowers and moved so he could enter the home. He mainly lingered in the entryway to take off his shoes, he didn't like shoes inside a home, before following her into the kitchen. He started to smile as she said they were the highlight of her week until he saw she got a little teary. Hey, you okay? I know I have a great taste in flowers but they aren't tears worthy. He took the beer as she handed it to him. He took a sip before he answered her question about work.  It was alright, didn't ruin my day thankfully. It could have been better though. Although the lack of sloppy drunks proved for a lack of entertainment, but I had the early shift. What about your day? How has it been so far? He took another sip as he looked at her, a slight smile hinting on his face. 

The nerves were taking over as she tried to calm herself down inside but it showed on the outside but she was sure it wasn’t happening. “Why?” She asked wanting to know why the My reminded him of her, and then she looked at the flowers more and it clicked in her head. “the colours?” She said grinning at him. As he picked her back she grinned feeling calmer as he kissed her she had craved his attention since she cracked her head in the wall from a dragon. She watched as he took his shoes off as she headed into the kitchen. She shrugged at his words and shook her head, ”not crying because of the flowers it’s just a nice gesture” she said sniffling dabbing her cheeks where a couple of years had fell. As he sipped his beer she grabbed and downed her water and filled it back up placing the full glass on the side. “Awe baby that sucks at least you can enjoy now right? Ive been hit and miss I’ve been sick a lot, but generally relaxing my head taking the pills when and if I need. Then I thought I’d cook us dinner as we haven’t seen each other in a few days since the accident.” She said taking a large gulp of water and grabbed some oven gloves to distract herself. “Go take a seat I’ll bring it in” she said opening he oven door and pulled out both plates and set them on the counter. Beatrice reheated the sauce and then poured it into a small bowl and then placed it all on a tray with salt, pepper and cutlery. Grabbing her water and another beer for him she walked into the dinning room. It was a large room not with much light as there was no windows it was used to hold parties when her parents were around. As she set the stuff down she placed his beer, plate and clutelry down on the table before sitting down herself. Forgetting something she got up a little fast and clung to the seat as her head throbbed, holding her head she let go and walked to the spare downstairs room and grabbed what she wanted. It was a thin long box which had been semi wrapped. “After dinner when I’m washing up I want you to open This but only then” that way she could hide when he saw the positive test inside, with a picture of a stalk inside carrying a baby. She wanted to do it subtly and not scare him away but she wasn’t sure how he would react. 

Eli could tell she was nervous and wondered what was on her mind. Maybe she was stressed about her work not needing her by the time she got back which was impossible and he would do everything in his power to reassure her. As he was about to answer why he picked those flowers she made the connection which caused him to smile.  Yeah, they reminded me of your fiery personality. He watched as she walked off to the kitchen before he followed her. He nodded and smiled as she said that the gesture was sweet. He took a sip of his beer again as she began telling him about how she'd been lately. He nodded as she said that she'd been sick and was taking her pills when she needed them.  Well, I love the dinner idea since I get to see you. He nodded as she said to go and take a seat and she'd bring in the dinner. He made his way over and took a seat at the table and smiled at her as she brought things inside. This all looks amazing Bea. He got worried as she stood fast and ran to the other room. He had begun to stand when she came back and handed him a box saying to only open it while she was washing up after dinner. Alright. Everything looks great, I don't know where to start. He smiled at his nervous girlfriend as she seemed stressed still.

Her whole body was being crippled by the nerves she was experiencing but she couldn’t help but let them take over. The more she thought about she had to tell Eli the more she was bricking it, if she forgot it wouldn’t go away that was for sure as she would just grow fatter and it wouldn’t be hard to figure that out at all. Deep breaths right that’s what she kept telling herself anyway as she sat under his radar just hoping he wouldn’t figure anything out before she said so. “Not sure that’s a good compliment or a bad one” she teased lightening the mood with a thin smile to her lips. “Sorry I’ve been sour.. since well I was knocked out by the dragon.. it knocked me for six and well still trying to cope with it” Well she half told the true she was trying to cope with being pregnant part. Beatrice was over the dragon part she knew that was possible death was possible with her job but she risked herself everyday which sucked. “Anytime baby I’m glad I can be useful” she mused feeling sorry for herself recently her mood on a downer, mostly because she was in pain and scared senselessly that once he found out that she had lied about being protected and was now pregnant. That he would leave her, or ask her to abort the baby. Something she wasn’t sure she could even compehered, she knew how it felt to be unloved by a parent she had always been blamed for her mother’s death which stung, scared her so much she had cried a lot. “just help yourself to as much as you like or don’t I won’t eat much not that hungry, lost my appetite since” she said with a small smile to her lips. Beatrice grabbed what she wanted and plated it waiting for him before they started to eat. They didn’t need to give thanks as she didn’t believe in such things, and she knew he didn’t either. “So how’s work been going?” She asked to change the converstion on him for a bit. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor