Isabelle Brooklyn Edwards

Brook's Journal

33 posts in this topic

0857236fd155eadcfb88f4ea09894613--book-j

October 27, 2023

Amy went into labor this morning. I've been told I'm in charge of keeping record of her contractions until David can get here. I can't wait to hold little Michael.

October 28, 2023 - 2:43 AM

Little Michael,

You gave your first cry just a few short minutes ago. As your Godmother and favorite aunt, no offense to your aunt Lily, I was there with your mum and dad when you enter the world. I can't wait to watch you grow up, I'm sure that we will be best friends.

?format=500w

October 31, 2023

It's Michael's first Halloween. He won't remember anything since he's only three days old, but it's still pretty awesome. I thought that they should have dressed him up,  but Amy didn't want to. I kind of miss watching scary movies with her but I know that this new chapter in her life is far more important.

November 24, 2023

I've been approved for my store front!! So this morning I gave my two week notice at work before I went to get the keys for the store. I'm so excited to finally have my own business, well in an official building anyway. I already have a small business running out of my apartment but it's not much. Now I know that the business will grow and start to become what I've been dreaming of.

December 5, 2023

I've been so busy decorating and moving boxes of products into the shop. I wasn't sure which to do first so I guess I'm doing both at the same time. Decorating first would make more sense but now that this is happening, I just want all of these boxes out of my apartment. I'm hoping to open in January but I'm not sure yet. 

December 20, 2023

Decorating is just about complete. All of the walls have been painted and I've put up some paintings of adorable little baby animals. I've got all the tables and some pieces of furniture set up. I still have to unpack everything and make it all look presentable. I'm still trying to figure out a schedule though. The shop is located right outside of Diagon Alley, so I'm hoping to have both Muggle and Magical customers.

December 25, 2023

Today's Christmas and we've all gathered at Amy's house, so she didn't have to travel with the baby. It's so nice to be able to catch up with my sisters. I can't believe Lily has grown up so fast, she's thirteen now. I was almost her age when she was born.

January 17, 2024

Yesterday was my first day of business. I had a opening party, and it was a huge success! There were so many people and I am so thankful for it. I mean, I had a feeling that it would do well but still. People are always having babies and need baby supplies after all. The party went really well and I'm hoping that I'll have some repeat customers.

March 30, 1924

Business is booming. I haven't received any repeat customers yet, but everyone must be telling everyone they know about the shop. I always feel so busy but I absolutely love it too. I've started getting some pregnant males customers, which I hadn't even thought about before opening. So I wasn't able to help them with clothes but I did help out every other way I could.

April 14, 2024

When I finished my lunch today I still had a little bit of time before I had to reopen the shop. So I decided to head into Diagon Alley to get some ice cream, since it was a fairly nice day outside. I started talking with a very nice man named Seth, and I gave him the address to the boutique. He's going to stop by tomorrow so we can have lunch together.

April 15, 2024

Lunch today with Seth was very nice. He's a little odd, but the rest of his personality makes up for that. Plus it helps that he is really cute too. He's pretty awesome, I think we'll be good friends.

April 28, 2024

A very nice woman came in today, her name is Aine. She's the new Ravenclaw Head of House, which is awesome. I hope she does a good job with our house and she likes the job. I had heard that the job was available but I just can't see myself working at Hogwarts.

May 30, 2024

Seth and I have started hanging out a lot more. Mostly we just have lunch together. Sometimes we'll meet somewhere, sometimes he will bring some food to the shop. Sometimes we'll just meet up for ice cream. And although we only met a few weeks ago, I'm really enjoying his company.

June 7, 2024

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I want to start hanging out with Seth omre outside our lunch breaks. So we decided to go bowling on Thursday, since it's his day off and I can close the shop whenever I want.

June 13, 2024

Bowling did not go well. Seth had never been bowling before and it was pretty clear that he didn't understand it. After a while we decided to go play mini golf instead. Around the end of the second hole he reached up and started stroking my cheek. It was pretty awkward and I know that my cheeks were definitely as red as a tomato. Not out of embarrassment or anger, but affection. I don't know if Seth feels the same way for me, but I've realized that I'm starting to really like him.

June 27, 2024

Today was a pretty slow work day, and at one point I found myself daydreaming... Now I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I keep finding myself wanting to kiss him all the time. I don't want to mention it though, I'm not sure how to without it being awkward. We're good friends and I don't want to ruin that. 

July 3, 2024

Seth stopped by with lunch today, a wonderful surprise since we hadn't talk about having lunch together today. He also brought along some of my favorite ice cream, which we shared after lunch. I wanted to mention that silly daydream but I wasn't sure what to say. 

July 12, 2024

Today's my birthday. I had a nice brunch with Amy this morning before we went back to her house and I got to play with Michael for a while. It's crazy that he's already 9 months old. Mum brought Lily over when she was done with school and we're going to have some lunch before we all watch some movies together. I thought about asking Seth if he wanted to hang out but I'm sure he's probably busy with work. 

July 18, 2024

So I asked Seth over for a movie night tonight. I think we got through maybe half a movie before we started making out. I asked him to be my boyfriend, he said yes. Lord, is he a good kisser. I'm not sure how long we kept making out but it felt like it could've been all night. And from where I was sitting on his lap, I guess what everyone says is true....

July 19, 2024

Last night I had thought about asking to see if Seth wanted to spend the night, but having only been a couple for a few hours I'm glad I didn't. I only have the one bed and I wouldn't expect him to sleep on the couch. But if I had, and he had agreed to spend the night, I'm not really sure what would have happened. We've only been a couple for less than 24 hours, I don't want to have sex yet. Even if I'm sure that he's amazing at it....

July 25, 2024

Took a few days off to just be lazy and hang out with Seth, but now it's back to work. Gotta keep the shop open and keep paying the bills after all. Business is still going really well, sometimes there are slow days but nothing to be worried about. 

July 27, 2024

A gentleman named Zade came in today, asking about a nursery and all sorts of other questions. His girlfriend is pregnant for the first time and he was clearly unsure of what to do. 

Wip

August 14, 2024

*post about bumping into Aine again*

August 18, 2024

Seth and I have been dating for a month now. Kind of crazy how it's only been a month but it also feels like it has been longer than that at the same time. We had another make out session last night, it's insane how good he is at that. I also get the feeling that he likes when I play with his hair, that always seems to turn him on while we're making out. Not that I like turning him on on purpose when I know we're not going to have sex, but sometimes I can't help it. It always feels so good with him.