Xidus Beck

Slowly burning me up.

15 posts in this topic

@Kinsler Monroe

X did in fact know Uristan, it was why he was in lilliehammer, as a matter of fact. You see the man lived in Oslo, but if you want to know more, you'll have to ask. What you probably do need to know, is that on this fine evening the men were not meeting up. If fact Xidus had just dined alone, and for all intents and purposes planned to sleep alone after he'd done some shopping. Which brought us to the man walking into the candle shop. He preferred the wax they used here. Probably something about the local bees, he was thinking as he started his shopping.

Kinsler made her way through town, having dropped off Charlie with braelynn and the girls were with family. It felt weird not having the kids for the summer. So she figured she'd make the most of it.

stopping to her something cold to drink, kinsler made her way down the sidewalk, stepping into the nearest shop, the candle shop and looked around. She had a thing for candles, especially the spruce ones.

looking over some of the bigger candles, one of the workers at the counter was chatting with a customer, mentioning her name and one of her radio shows, looking up and slightly whispering that she was in here.

kinsler had picked up two of he bigger candles, not realizing that she was close to X and accidentally bumped into him "..oi sorry about tha.." she said.

"Oh, pardon me." X said turning with a smile as he turned to steady the woman who had bumped into him. "I didn't realize anyone else was in here." He fessed up. He hadn't been paying attention to the twittering birds up by the counter, just filling up his basket with random choices from around the store. Some based on smell, most on size, shape or color. Either way they would all burn soon. Seeing she was good on her feet he pulled back his hand.

kinsler shrugged her shoulders then gave him a soft smile "..thanks.." she said, looking down at her outfit then to the candles and back ".im ok...no broken bones.." she said with a slight joking tone "..dealing with kids...ya kinda get a tough skin" she added, holding the so rather pretty lavender candles "..dang I forgot to grab a basket."" She said, looking around for a basket, barely hearing the flapping of little ones up at the counter.

kinsler sat down the two candles and and grabbed the nearest empty basket "..ok now I'm ready.." she said, holding up her basket and putting the candles in "..I'm kinsler by the way.." she said, ignoring the flipping of the people at the counter, which had gotten rather louder.

kinsler laughed as she shook her head "...gee you think they've never seen a celebrity before." She said, chuckling slightly behind a shelf as she peeked out then to him.

Watching the woman bustle around Xid couldn't help a grin, and covered it by sniffing a handy candle. "Nice to meet you Kinsler, I'm Xidus." As the folk at the counter continued to get louder. At her quip about being a celebrity he answered with the only thing he could think of. "You think they know who I am?" He asked back with a wink. He knew who she was, had recognized her voice immediately, but he was betting she had no idea who he was.

Kinsler smiled as he introduced himself "..nice to meet you.." she said in greeting as she looked to him, shielding herself with the shelf. She was trying to not look so out there but it was kinda hard. 

Letting out a breath as she held the basket, kinsler looked back to xidus "... I have no idea...how about you gonfirst and see.." she joked as she gave him a playful smile then threw a thumb towards the ladies at the counter.

kinsler pulled out a hair tie and put her hair in a bun then stuffed her jacket into the bag she had been carrying, and put on a set of fake big rimmed glasses as she looked to X "..think I'll get away with it.." she grinned cheekily.

As the woman pulled a quick change to try to look like anyone else, X let out a chuckle. "It's not your look, babe, it's your voice." He warned her as she ended up looking like a librarian. "Do those babies of yours have a daddy in the picture?" He asked bluntly instead of making his way to the counter like she obviously hoped. Xid was rich, his art glass sold for tens of thousands per piece, but his face was only known in certain circles. He was getting a kick out of not being the most famous person in the room.

"I'm not a librarian.." she chuckled as she slightly nudged him in an effort to distract her thoughts. She still kept the glasses and stuff on. When he asked if the babies had a daddy in the picture, kinsler shook her head "...no..he was killed In a fire a lot with the rest of his family when the girls were mere months old and Charlie was only a couple years old. Now he's five and the girls are 2" she said, sighing out as she stood there for a moment "...I was minister at the time and was supposed to be there myself but I was running late as Charlie had an accident and I had to change him. Family gathering..my friend Temperance lost her husband too...they were all related ..." she sighed out then shook her head "nothing I can do now..he wouldn't want me crying over spilt milk as they say." She added.

kinsler put a few more things into her basket and started adding things up and pulling out enough coin to pay for them "...so.." she started then looked towards the counter and back "..I have a proposition for you.." she said, not realizing that it could be taken in any other context "...if you can go up and pay for my things for me" she said hildingniut the basket and her count bag "..I'll treat you to dinner and drinks..the kids are away for the summer and honestly I could use the company.." she said, not realizing that she had just asked him out on a date.

His brow quirked when she commented on his thoughts, and the man couldn't help an image of them in bed together from filling his mind in response to the knowledge that she could glimpse into his mind. He wondered how much control she had over it. That didn't stop him listening as she spoke of her previous husband, and family, and having 3 children. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss, it's good to hear you've been getting on.

Picking up another candle to sniff as she continued her shopping, he stuck it in his own basket at her words. A playful twitch hanging out around his lips. "I'd love to go out with you." He answered taking the basket and heading for the counter before she could reply, not bothering with the coin. Her few things were much less than his anyways. Once he was done dealing with the birds at the register, he came back and offered her a bag. "Where did you have in mind?"

Kinsler ignored the mental images that filter into her head, shaking it slightly as hewalkwd off and paid for their things. In that next moment, kinsler let out a soft sigh, unsure of why she was feeling all sorts of mixed emotions when she watched him walking towards the counter, her eyes scanning his backside and quickly coming back up as he came back. 

When he said hed love to a d what she had in mind, kinsler thought for a moment "..well there is a place nearby that has good food. But the thing is..it's mostly take out...we could get some and take it back to my place for some drinks and relaxing without the bird brains watching.." she said with a slight laugh as she took the bag and motioned for him to follow, staying quiet as she walked out, knowing he would follow.

she waited for a moment for him to come out before she walked a little bit in front of him, hips swaying slightly in the process "..they got good meals like stuff with lamb and openfaced sandwiches..but most of the time I go for the pikekyss...they are a dessert, baked meringues.." she said as she stopped just in front of the door to the place "..it's basically means Girls kiss." She added as she opened the door.

"I usually have a standing order for them.." she said with a slight laugh as she held the door open forhim to follow her in "..so we can grab whatever here and then back to my place for dinner and drinks.." she said, wondering what his answer would be as she waved hello to the owner.

His head tilted as she spoke about grabbing take out, and that playful almost smile was back. "Lead the way." He agreed motioning her toward the door, and following her out into the street. By the time they got out the door he'd already enjoyed a good look at her from all angels, and was back to adding detail to that thought of them in bed together, just cause it was fun.

As she spoke of the cookies he couldn't help a full out grin. "I can think of a girl I'd like to kiss." He spoke with a wink holding the door open for her as she stopped indicating the place. Following her inside he checked out the place before focusing on the menu board. Nodding to see they offered a regular roast beef, and not just lamb. "Do you often invite strange men back to your place?" He teased lightly. He'd already gotten the impression this was way out of character for her, and he couldn't help wondering if her Temperance was the same one he knew here in town... Well to say knew was a stretch, maybe knew of was better.

Walking with her to the counter, the man took his turn placing his order, letting her do her's as well. Moving to the pick up place while they waited. "What do you like to drink?" He asked.

Kinsler shook her head as he asked if this way normal "..no...but when Charlie wanted to go stayy with his best friend for the summer and I dropped him off..Uri and Tempe both said I needed to enjoy myself" she said to him, not knowing it was the same people they knew.

when he gave her a wink, kinsler chuckled a bit before looking back to the menu, knowing full well what he was eating at but not commenting. She had been wrong in the past and it was not something she wanted to do now.

when he asked about what she like to drink, kinsler thought for a moment "..well....I do like the apple ales and the lighter stuff. Kinda help relax when I've had a long night. The harder liquors it has to be burbon or whiskey..though it's been a few years on that one...since before I got pregnant with Charlie...in Las Vegas.." she said with a soft grin "..doesn't mean I wouldn't try again..I mean it is going to be a long summer without any of the kids.."

kinsler had also got her standing order of the desserts and paid for their order and told the owner to tell his wife she said hi as the bagged order was handed to her "...I've got pretty much anything under the sun at home so...we could drink whatever..." she said to him "...though I don't know how long you plan on staying..if it gets too late..might justvhave to call you transport...or I have rooms." She said as they walked it, her heads towards the left down the street from her place.

she hadn't realized for the moment that she had just told him he could stay the night. 

"Uristan was right, you do need to enjoy yourself." He tossed out the name, pretty sure they were talking about the same person. Uri had done the photo work for an article about Xid a few years ago, and the pair had hit it off enough they stayed in touch.

Setting a 2 liter of dr. pepper on the counter to add to their bill as the guy behind the counter started bagging their stuff. "I'm more of a rum guy, I find it has a sweeter after taste. What were you doing in Vegas?" He asked curious if that was where she'd chosen to get married, if if she'd just been on vacation.

Following her out onto the street as they kept talking. "I have an idea, why don't you come to my place, and then you can stay or go at your own pleasure?" He answered when the woman invited him to spend the night. His place in Oslo wasn't but a poof away, and he wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible.

"..you know..Uri?" He said, looking to him as he spoke. When he asked what she was doing in Vegas, kinsler waited for a moment before speaking "..I was a professor at hogwarts and it was winter break and I had been dating Adam for

quite a while and we went there for a Christmas vacation...to have fun on break and was walking down the strip and saw this cute little place there and got married.." 

kinsler spoke about adam with a smile on his face "..I had always been told I'd never have kids and Charlie was my miracle baby..now we had 3.." she said.

when he spoke about his place, kinsler nodded "..would be easier than traipsing to my place.." she said asbhe spoke, biting her lower lip in the process. When he spoke about run, kinsler looked to him with a soft grin "..a man after my own heart.." she said, leaning towards him and kissing him, not thinking anything of it at that moment.

Listening as she spoke about her husband and children Xid was gonna answer about Uri when she surprised him with a kiss. So he surprised her by slipping an arm around her waist and pulling them back to his place.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor