Professor Sage Seaswell

I told you it wasn't a meeting.

13 posts in this topic

Sage meandered out onto the deck, welcoming the fresh air and the glory of the night sky. On such a large ship, with calm weather, he felt the engines more than the sea through his feet. In deference to the fact it was 97 degrees Fahrenheit the man was not in his usual robes instead he wore bright blue swim trunks and a light grey t shirt. From the pocket of said shirt he pulled an awesome wizards pipe and his own smoking blend. About to pack the bowl, he heard his name and turned to smile at the familiar voice.

@Professor Samantha Brayden

@Professor Samuel Acres

@Professor Zella Ravel

@Professor Nicole Wolf

@Professor Helios Achilles

Zella made her way to the ship already in her flower print bikini, a white swim cover on top of it with her sunglasses on top of her head and of course sandals on her feet, holding her newborn baby boy Damon. Helios was probably not far behind her. She looked tired but didn't care as she was smiling anyway. She called out "We're here!" to Sage as she reached the deck. The baby was sleeping, cuddled against his mother, his head covered with a hat and a small blanket and he was wearing a baby blue onesie. He was only a few days old. Zella wasn't sure at first that she would be going to this trip, but after being reassured that there would be healers on board, she decided that it would be a great trip for her little family. 

Considering they had just had a newborn between them Zella and himself were still going on the trip. He had reassured her that healers would be on board. He woke up early and helped Zella with the baby before they all dressed and headed out on deck. Yawning as he ruffled his wild hair he sighed softly in love with their baby. Damon was just days old and he was their world and Helios couldn't wait to teach him things. Smiling at Zella as they approached sage and he gave him a sheepish grin. "Hey sage" he said kissing zellas forehead. Leaning against the railing. 

Wearing this over her form fitting bikini, samantha made her way out onto the deck, blonde locks whipping lightlyin the wind as she stepped closer "..he's so adorable Zella..Helios.." she smiled "I bought him a little stuffed animal..it plays lullabies. I have it in my room I can give to you later" she added then looked to Sage .

"nice to see you enjoying yourself " she said to Sage as she stood there with the group "it's been a while since I've been to Australia...since before I was asked to teach at beauxbatons" she smiled to them then to Sage.

Wearing a black Millenium Falcon graphic tee and pair of dark gray swim trunks, Sam leaned over the railing as he watching the students. A small smile played on his lips as he observed them. Memories of his own youth played in the back of his mind. "Take it in while you can, kids. It will only get more complicated from here," he muttered softly to himself. Dorian was still in his cage, enjoying a peanut butter cracker.

Seeing a group of adults forming and recognizing some of them from past interactions, Sam apparated down to their deck several yards away to not scare the baby that was among them. Walking over, Sam smiled and greeted them, "Evening, Sage. Good to see you again, Zella." Turning to the two people he didn't know, he extended his hand towards each of them, "I don't believe we've met. I am Samuel Acres, the new Faucon Head." 

(I'm not gonna hold us to a posting order as Nicole isn't here yet, you guys just make sure there are two posts before you post again. Nicole, just jump in when you can.)

Spotting Zella and the baby, Sage tucked his pipe back in his pocket with a small sigh. He didn't have any, thank Merlin, but he knew smoke wasn't good for kids. It was why he contained himself to his quarters or outside on the grounds at school. Didn't change the fact the man was infatuated with small babies. "Zella, you're looking fabulous." He spoke honestly, quite impressed with the new mother. "Helios, you're not looking as frazzled as I feared." The man chuckled with a wink. He wondered if Helios knew that Sage knew his secret. Turning as Sammie came up to join them. "I am, I am. It's nice to be surrounded by my own students again." The last winter had been awesome, but it was nice to be back on his own turf, even if it was just a ship sailing the sea. "Last time I made it to Australia I wasn't a professor yet either." He was telling Ms. Brayden as Sam walked up to join them. Sage gave the younger man a warm smile as he introduced himself to the group.

Zella gave Sage an apologetic smile as she saw him put away his pipe. She smiled and greeted Samantha as well as thanking her after she told her about the toy she had for the baby. She smiled at Samuel and said: "Nice to see you again, Samuel." She then felt Damon stir and he started crying. She took the blanket off of him and rubbed his back. She started talking to soothe him: "Hey little guy. It's okay, mommy's here. Daddy's here too. Shhh." She bounced him as she walked with him, still talking to him telling him everything she was seeing, but Damon was still squirming in her arms. She told Helios she would go check his diaper as he felt heavier and left. Once the little guy was in a dry diaper again, Zella made her way back to the others. She held him under the blanket she had put on to cover herself as she was breastfeeding him.

She had been planning on starting some sort of game with her students after getting changed into her swimsuit, but was distracted by a group of adults that had gathered on the deck. Nic was pleasantly surprised to see that the small group was actually the members of their school staff. Sauntering over to them, she poked Samuel's side as she walked past him and went and stood next to Sage. "Bonjour mes amis," Nicole greeted them, "Glad everyone could make it!" she smiled to Zella and winked to Samuel. The blonde bit her lip to stop herself from bursting out with laughter. This is gonna be fun! She was enjoying teasing this quirky newcomer already. Looking around at everyone, she grinned before shifting her gaze to Sage.

Helios couldn't wait to set in his role as deputy he was looking forward to working with sage more closely, they seemed to get on well to so there was no shyness on his part. Helios wasn't one to be shy about something he was rather brutal when it came to the truth anyway. He loved being a parent even if had been a couple of days it was a heavy job, with changing their routine planning things around Damon rather than themselves. But hired child care was always an option one he would look into very carefully he didn't just want anyone looking after their son. Hearing Samantha state she had brought Damon a stuffed toy he grinned at her. "Thank you that's very kind of you, and sure we can collect it later no rush" he said grateful that she had thought of them. Hearing Sage's comment he ruffled his hair and nodded his head chuckling, "There is still time for that Sage" he mused softly. "My first time here I hope I make some memories" he said looking more so at Zella and Damon. He hadn't met all the staff he knew , Nicole (who wasn't here yet), and Sage and of course Zella his future wife but the man that approached them he didn't know. As Samuel introduced himself he shook his hand in return with a grin to his lips, "I'm Helios Achilles, ex Panthère Head of House newly appointed Deputy Headmaster" he said turning to watch Zella with Damon and walk off to change his nappy he would of done it but she had already left before he could say anything. "Would be anywhere else Nicole, shall we go lounge by the pool before we all turn into red lobsters" he teased. He had shorts on underneath his big shorts and his shirt was very easy to come off. Damon could cling to either of them.

"I'd offer advice, but I deal strictly with older kids." Sage teased Helios about the baby. He just hoped the new arrival wasn't the first of a rash of pregnancies. They had been fortunate to end the previous year with only a couple, but Sage knew these things tended to come in waves. As another came up to join them, and Zella slipped away to care for the baby, Sage gave his flying professor a happy smile. "It's good to see you too Nic, I love your spots." He continued with a wink. Turning back to Helios as the younger man mentioned making memories. "You know those traveling yard statue commercials on tv? You should totally set Damon up on some of those type pictures while we are in port." Sage tried to keep a straight face as he suggested it. "Did you find your cabin ok Sam?" He asked the only member of his staff that had not been aboard before. Sage had honestly meant to meet him and show him around, but he'd been distracted at the time. Nodding that he would go along with it if they all moved to the pool.

Sammie smiled a bit as they moved towards the pool "..no worries Helios. It's there for whenever.." she said as Zella moved off to care for the baby. Sammie gave Samuel a nod as he came up "...its nice to meet you Samuel..I'm samantha dance professor and newly appointed head of Marsouin...maybe we can chat later.." she said in greeting.

it was then that Nicole showed up and samantha went quite for a moment, not really knowing her all too well as she moved towards the pool, looking to Sage to see if he was going to join.

the others she knew, Sage she had known for a while and the others had taken a bit before she actually warmed up to them. And Samuel, she had seen him around but never actually gotten to talk to him so she was ok with, but Nicole. She hadn't seen before or talked to so she got a little bit of anxiety when it was people she didn't really know.

sammie moved towards the she of the pool, a little away from the others, looking to Sage giving of signs of anxiousness. After all he was a friend and he was the one that asked her to teach her before.

Pulling his hand back after it was shaken, Sam listened quietly to the others then squirmed when Nic poked him as she passed by. Sighing softly, he glanced at her and caught her wink. A small bit of blush colored his cheeks as a result. Turning to Sage as he addressed Sam, he nodded and answered, "Yes I did. Thank you for asking. It is quite the nice room." Noticing that some of the people were moving, he followed a few steps behind them as he looked between each of them. In turn, he watched how each person held themselves and walked. For those, he had met before like Zella and Nic, he took note of any change since the last time he had seen them. His eyes lingered on the new faces trying to get a read on them just from the visual cues. It wasn't long before his eyes wandered back to Nic and trying to figure out how he might get back at her for the poke.

1 person likes this

So, as he made his way to the pool, you know the one with 3 waterslides, a lazy river, and a diving area, among other gizmos of entertainment purposes in deeper water.... Did I mention the shallow end had a bar? But that is all beside the point. What the writer is getting at is Sage was busy eyeing the water, not paying attention to the quiet interactions between his staff. By the time they reached the waters edge he'd managed to come out of his shirt, and tuck it and his shoes near one of the lounge chairs scattered around the deck. Glad that Sam seemed to be settling in to the team nicely, the professor spoke. "Alright loves, who wants to get wet with me?" The question quickly proceding the man running for the water's edge with all the abandon of a child. Cannon balling into the water he sank blissfully into the deep before surfacing to float. Looking up at his staff with a happy grin.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor